• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Satmoche

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been eyeing the Coniston - Dark Brown - for a while now. I am probably going to buy them, but I was wondering if they were comfortable and if they would pair up well with smart jeans and suits too? Does anyone have a picture with suits?
I own a few models with different lasts: 325, 341, 348, 360. As you can tell, they mostly have chiseled toe and I don't own a model with a 'classic' rounded toe - except for the 341.

ValidusLA

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been eyeing the Coniston - Dark Brown - for a while now. I am probably going to buy them, but I was wondering if they were comfortable and if they would pair up well with smart jeans and suits too? Does anyone have a picture with suits?
I own a few models with different lasts: 325, 341, 348, 360. As you can tell, they mostly have chiseled toe and I don't own a model with a 'classic' rounded toe - except for the 341.

Love the Conistons. Have them in the dark brown country grain. They pair quite well with dark jeans. I've never worn them with a suit though. I have worn them with jacket/blazer and trousers however. They are very versatile.

As far as comfort - that's hard to judge for someone else. They feel great to me. You said you have something in 325 - Coniston are 325 so you should be ok.

Satmoche

Reaction score
Love the Conistons. Have them in the dark brown country grain. They pair quite well with dark jeans. I've never worn them with a suit though. I have worn them with jacket/blazer and trousers however. They are very versatile.

As far as comfort - that's hard to judge for someone else. They feel great to me. You said you have something in 325 - Coniston are 325 so you should be ok.

Thank you for your answer.
I would have assumed that the dark brown country grain would be great with dark jeans. I am, however, uncertain about giving them a slight mirror shine as they seem too informal for that occasion?
I have the Cavendish in 325 and they fit really nicely now - after a relatively 'tough' break-in.

Satmoche

Reaction score
I wouldn't mirror shine the scotch country grain. If you want dressier boots to wear with a suit, I would buy dressier boots.

The lacing system on the Coniston isn't really suit-appropriate in my opinion.

You are right, plus I have two pairs of Northcote.
The Coniston will be worn with more casual outfits, not that it is any loss at all.

Thanks for the insight.

Phoenician

Reaction score
The handsome but elusive to me, Galway 2 arrived today and I'm thrilled to have finally found them. George at CJ Canary Wharf (London) was superb to work with and locate these for me at the factory, so kudos to him! I asked him to stop in, say hello and join us in all-things-C&J banter.

20200709_183746~2.jpg
20200709_183805~2.jpg
20200709_183816~2.jpg

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the little things, am I right?

Definitely - I don't recall ever looking forward to an oil change as I did this morning! Especially since I planned to drop off in the morning and pick up later in the day, so this gave me the opportunity to change into a different pair

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely - I don't recall ever looking forward to an oil change as I did this morning! Especially since I planned to drop off in the morning and pick up later in the day, so this gave me the opportunity to change into a different pair
Definitely a good excuse. I was putting on boots to walk my dogs, but once the summer hit and it started being 90+ degrees here that quickly came to a halt

flylikeneagle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a good excuse. I was putting on boots to walk my dogs, but once the summer hit and it started being 90+ degrees here that quickly came to a halt

Ha ha ... if you consider chukkas as boots (which I do) your clove suede Shanklin pair makes for perfect summer boots.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads