• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GeorgeRed -- to bad we're not the same size. Not because I want to buy all your C&J (although they are very nice), but because I want to grab your EG collection when you move up to bespoke!

Ha! I don’t think I will buy bespoke because EG lasts fit me like they were made for me. ??‍♂️

Nat Jag

Reaction score
I'm recovering from surgery and told myself that once I'm recovered and back working, I'm going to buy some loafers; Teign or Sydney, not sure which. I realised I could've done with some slip-on footwear. Now I'm saying, once all the virus stuff is over with I'll get some. Anyone else going to treat themselves once it all blows over?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm recovering from surgery and told myself that once I'm recovered and back working, I'm going to buy some loafers; Teign or Sydney, not sure which. I realised I could've done with some slip-on footwear. Now I'm saying, once all the virus stuff is over with I'll get some. Anyone else going to treat themselves once it all blows over?
I was sitting here looking at how strong the USD is compared to other currencies, specifically CDN and EUR and was thinking it may make more sense to take advantage of that right now...

Nat Jag

Reaction score
I was sitting here looking at how strong the USD is compared to other currencies, specifically CDN and EUR and was thinking it may make more sense to take advantage of that right now...
I'm in the UK, the exchange rate doesn't affect me. Just being at home not earning an income is my main concern at the moment. At least as far as buying a new pair of shoes is concerned.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm in the UK, the exchange rate doesn't affect me. Just being at home not earning an income is my main concern at the moment. At least as far as buying a new pair of shoes is concerned.
No, I understand that. Hopefully my post didn't come across as insensitive.

R.Elgar

Reaction score

I purchased the Sydney last December, Teign is the unlined version of the Sidney so probably better for the spring/summer season coming up (when we're not in a complete lockdown..)

I got myself pair of Guernsey loafers, from their MTO line for Zwartjes Amsterdam, my local stockist. (See photo) Still curious for the good ol' Cavendish, so might get a pair of these later this season.

Take care with your recovery!

R.Elgar.

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 99

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore my Lanark III for the wet conditions. These are super comfortable if Dainite works for you.

View attachment 1356683
View attachment 1356684

These have been on my wish list for a while but have never seem many photos of them other than website image.

Your photos have tempted me even more!

Do you have anything on 325 last for fit comparison?

I had been considering a shell PTB but seeing these photos I could definitely consider these as an alternative. The calf looks really good.

ProfilaBinding

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These have been on my wish list for a while but have never seem many photos of them other than website image.

Your photos have tempted me even more!

Do you have anything on 325 last for fit comparison?

I had been considering a shell PTB but seeing these photos I could definitely consider these as an alternative. The calf looks really good.

I've never tried the 325 last, so I'm sorry I can't help with that. I can tell you that I have tried the 236 and that last is too roomy for me at the waist and I cannot wear it. This Lanark III is fairly narrow at the heel and waist, so it hugs my feet well. However, the instep area is pretty generous, but not as generous as the 236. The ball area on the Lanark III is pretty wide. It reminds me of the Alden Barrie last, but not exactly. If you normally wear the same size in C&J, I would start with that size.

Reiver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never tried the 325 last, so I'm sorry I can't help with that. I can tell you that I have tried the 236 and that last is too roomy for me at the waist and I cannot wear it. This Lanark III is fairly narrow at the heel and waist, so it hugs my feet well. However, the instep area is pretty generous, but not as generous as the 236. The ball area on the Lanark III is pretty wide. It reminds me of the Alden Barrie last, but not exactly. If you normally wear the same size in C&J, I would start with that size.

That sounds promising for me. I also find the 236 generous but it fits me quite well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads