• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The C&J's they carry in US D (normal) width are not on sale, suggesting there is more demand for D than E. it appears they have overstocked their E widths as they have been on sale for quite some time.
OK, got it. Read that wrong and thought you meant that they only sell US E width.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If I am a size 8 in the Rain last for Carmina, 8 in Hiro last for Meermin, would that translate to UK7,5 for the C&J Connaught or Hallam last?

puffy

Reaction score
Tetbury, anyone has them in dark brown? How do they age?

Yummy dark choccy brown
3.jpg

OREO

Reaction score
I also debated getting the brown Antique Nubuck Tetburys but i went for suede instead because i couldn't find any info on how antique nubuck ages.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them in black - it's one of my favourites and most versatile shoes I have.

BaldwinP

Reaction score
Picked up my dainite-soled Hallams from Double Monk on the weekend, wore them to work this rainy Monday morning. Both stylish and functional.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about Brecon? Less pointy than a Tetbury.. 341 last .. Looks even better imo .. Has that rigid boot look ..

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 4 pairs of Tetbury's...2 of which I have owned nearly a decade...they age excellently...and I beat them to hell..

As for the chestnut monkton...i apply coats of mahogany and dark brown wax to polish them...i don't like creams.

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As for the chestnut monkton...i apply coats of mahogany and dark brown wax to polish them...i don't like creams.

I bought a pair of Monkton the other day and the salesman gave me a mahogany and dark brown cream and told me to mix them to create the correct shade of chestnut.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah...i read that earlier...

i just don't like creams...i don't think they are good for shoes...its just my personal experience.

my chestnut monktons have developed a very nice reddish brown patina over time...they are one of my oldest pairs of C&J's...and they look fantastic...

All I have ever used on them is mahogany wax and dark brown wax...

I find the C&J Chestnut on its own a little too orangish for my liking...so I am glad the way my chestnut monkton's have patina'd over time

It is one of those shoes....where if my pair ever wear out to the point of death....I would definitely order another pair immediately to replace them. They are one of my favorite pairs of my collection of 20+ pairs of C&J's...

Last edited:

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a shoe tree recommendation for the 348 last? Any problems with the Woodlore ultra shoe tree?

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Cuttingboard - The C&J handgrade shoe trees are lasted to the 348. They are $170 each...i think. I use them in all my 348 models. They are excellent.

@thelastquestion - I've posted tons of pics in this thread in the past...but will try to post some more later on for you...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics