• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That is a big savings. TNS is out of stock until October. There is a pair at C&J Soho and the price you noted is spot on. I will check out Bodiley's.

Yes check with Sarah at Bodiley's. Great service and free, fast shipping if in stock

barto78

Reaction score
Yes check with Sarah at Bodiley's. Great service and free, fast shipping if in stock

Order placed. You guys rock!

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Order placed. You guys rock!

Enjoy your Moltons. I would suggest getting a stiff pig bristle brush for maintenance and dedicating it solely to any waxed/roughout suede shoes and boots. Kirby sells two sizes (get the shorter stiffer bristles) at a fair non-kirby price.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Harlech
1A385905-689F-433A-8388-CAB62AD98B53.jpeg

H. E. Pennypacker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Islays in J&FJ Baker’s Russian today; it’s nearly impossible to overstate how impressed I am with both this leather and C&J’s build with it on these boots…

View attachment 1806141
Is anyone having FOMO, non-buyer's remorse, and feeling like they need these, want to do another run of these??????

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having FOMO, non-buyer's remorse, and feeling like they need these, want to do another run of these??????
You’re right @H. E. Pennypacker , we owe it to ourselves to jump on another GMTO, if anyone starts another one, no way I can resist. As much as I don’t need another pair of boots, these things are calling my name. :uhoh:

Last edited:

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You’re right PP, we owe it to ourselves to jump on another GMTO, if anyone starts another one, no way I can resist. As much as I don’t need another pair of boots, these things are calling my name. :uhoh:
They are beautiful, but for me a bit too beautiful for outdoorsy boots….

…..is that even a thing? 🤣

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

…..is that even a thing? 🤣
I can confirm that’s not a thing. :laugh:

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
You’re right PP, we owe it to ourselves to jump on another GMTO, if anyone starts another one, no way I can resist. As much as I don’t need another pair of boots, these things are calling my name. :uhoh:

Not to rub it in, but you gents would absolutely not regret it!

This is my first J&FJ Baker’s Russian Grain make-up, and now I see why @Soixante is so crazy about the stuff… no worries about wear - this oxhide **feels** like the toughest leather I’ve ever come across; and texture? the texture of the Russian grain makes Horween hatched shell and even C&J Scotch grain feel almost dainty and quaint by comparison… and I love both of those leathers dearly!

Let me put it another way: you know how you order a new boot makeup and get all excited when it finally arrives… but you also kind of want to inspect it from every angle first to see if it really turned out how you envisioned, and to make sure nothing is even ever-so-slightly off on the build before passing final judgment? Well, for the first time I can remember, I was completely satisfied with this order as soon as I saw the toe of the first boot… while it was still in the shoe bag!! That’s how impressive this leather, and C&J’s masterful use of it in these boots, is… I will find an excuse to get another makeup made in this stuff in my life lol

Last edited:

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I completely agree, when I got the Radnor a few years ago, I was in love with this leather as well. I also picked up the KA chukka in the leather, and I definitely have to have this Skye in it. The Skye is my favorite C&J boot, so if I have to pay that ridiculous C&J premium for MTO, I’m just gonna have to swallow hard and do it.

pwc008

Reaction score
C&J Connaught in Chestnut calf on last 236 on single leather soles. Shoes from 2015, photos from yesterday. They are now exactly 7 years old, have seen approx. 140 days of wear and have been resoled last year. One of my favorite shoes. I am regularly asked if I bought a new pair of shoes when wearing these...

View attachment 1805279

View attachment 1805280

The Connaught was my first C&J shoe, bought at Barneys in NYC in Feb. 2007. They fit like slippers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads