• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Wild Strawberry Rabbit

Reaction score
F351832C-213F-4BE7-9FD0-D92196B6D6FD.jpeg

Indigofan

Reaction score
So, using my first ever post to ask a very cliche question.

Recently invested in my first major shoe purchase. A pair of Cavendish. Wanted them for a long time. It’s a stunning model.

Overall they feel really good. Although, a crease has appeared quite far up, close to the toe-cap. Would that be because they’re a poor fit? The widest point of my foot is at the widest point of the shoe.

Main worry is, does the crease completely ruin the look? Or am I worrying about it too much.

Attachments

• C11B4E09-BB5E-4D1D-A25F-3DF4C8181A57.jpeg
    C11B4E09-BB5E-4D1D-A25F-3DF4C8181A57.jpeg
    192.4 KB · Views: 116

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Recently invested in my first major shoe purchase. A pair of Cavendish. Wanted them for a long time. It’s a stunning model.

Overall they feel really good. Although, a crease has appeared quite far up, close to the toe-cap. Would that be because they’re a poor fit? The widest point of my foot is at the widest point of the shoe.

Main worry is, does the crease completely ruin the look? Or am I worrying about it too much.

creases will eventually happen. it is the natural way of thing.

to decrease them u can do the following:

1. always use proper fitting wooden shoe trees (cedar) after u take them off.
2. do not wear the same shoe everyday. alternate between shoes. give them a rest of 24-48 hr minimum with shoe tree before wear

Count de Monet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... By the way, does cordovan leather stretch out a bit? or totally not stretch out even after break-in period?

I agree with @Churchill W that cordovan doesn’t seem to stretch. However, I’ve read where shoe makers say shell doesn’t always fit as tightly on the last as calf and therefore in a given size be a bit less snug as a calf shoe in the same model.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8E51B74F-1ECF-4A3B-9CCB-D5ECC120D598.jpeg
Just got the Harvard in dark brown suede and love them. New go-to Summer shoe. Thinking about them in brown cordovan. Anyone have them and can comment? How does cordovan wear over time?

B255F165-AC4F-4D21-8FC9-69DEBE4D6D11.jpeg

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Creases happen. They look fine. Enjoy your shoes and get on with your day. :)

kbuzz

Reaction score
I know the answer is probably go to the store and try on a different size, but was wondering if any of the sage members of this thread have heard of going down a .5 size extra in the 335 boot last? In Other words a 7.5 Uk for a us 9D.

I was fortunate enough that my lovely wife bought be a pair of skye boots in the standard one size down from Uk. They feel a bit large

For reference I’m a classic 9d USA and my 325 lasted BB connistons are slightly large, but perfectly wearable

Is the 335 that much larger than the 325? Cant seem to find any consensus after a search.....

Thanks in advance for any advice

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know the answer is probably go to the store and try on a different size, but was wondering if any of the sage members of this thread have heard of going down a .5 size extra in the 335 boot last? In Other words a 7.5 Uk for a us 9D.

I was fortunate enough that my lovely wife bought be a pair of skye boots in the standard one size down from Uk. They feel a bit large

For reference I’m a classic 9d USA and my 325 lasted BB connistons are slightly large, but perfectly wearable

Is the 335 that much larger than the 325? Cant seem to find any consensus after a search.....

Whenever I have tried to size down 1.5 from US sizing with CJ, It has not gone well.

No experience with 335, but I am considering the Skye that are on sale and would take 1 down from US size.

Jaguardragoon

Reaction score

Not sure with 335 but I have that experience with the 348. My Westbourne, I settled on a UK7.5 but I’ve tried the Northcote boot and found the 7 perferable since the 7.5 felt too long.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1203111
Just got the Harvard in dark brown suede and love them. New go-to Summer shoe. Thinking about them in brown cordovan. Anyone have them and can comment? How does cordovan wear over time?

View attachment 1203112

These are old pics, but this is how my Harvards in Whiskey shell looked when they were newish.

View media item 2291795
View media item 2291794

I am around a Brannock US 9D, and the Skyes in UK 7.5 are snugger than my Conistons in the same size. If I had to do it again I think I would go with UK8 for my Skyes. When I tried on the BB shell 240 last in 9D it felt too big, so I went with 8.5D and they are a bit snug, but I prefer this fit over the 9D. YMMV.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I need to try on US 11 and 11.5 and see which one works. Great shoes. Going for dark brown and a formal look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads