• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

question about Z Zegna

hermes man

Reaction score
so Z Zegna is a diffusion line for Ermenegildo zegna?

i went to local ermenegildo zegna store just now and i found a fitting nice slim cut suit .. i really like it

but i am not so sure about the brand Z zegna .... so are their suits good? i really liked it but wanted to get more information about it..

how much they normally cost in the state? because the store was selling it for 1419$us for a Z Zegna which is around the price for david line Emporio Armani suits (napoli lines are more expensive) ... and even cheaper than Canali..

so i am kinda skeptical about the quality because of the asking price..

are they made in italy?

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the brand, but that is a high price. I would expect to pay about that at full price in Canada.

Note that they are partly fused as well, whereas Canali is not.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd go with Canali, myself. The Z Zegna line is about as nice as Hogo Bwass.

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE
Maybe go with Su Misura EZ mainline, and I think they can make the about the same fit, smaller lapels, etc as the z zegna without fusing.

i am afraid the su misura is out of my budget..

so is it confirmed that z zegna suits are fused?

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
don't you EVER search? There are a solid 5+ threads discussing Z-Zegna. Really. Just search and read, it's all been discussed. Hell, there was just a thread a few DAYS ago about Z-Zegna and prices+construction.

Yes, they're fused and made in mexico. yes, it's a similar cut to the mainline but slimmer and they have a drop 7 ("city" model) and drop 8 (Deco is slightly larger, the regular drop 8 is slimmest). No, you probably shouldn't pay $1500 for it, don't pay more then $1K.

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
don't you EVER search? There are a solid 5+ threads discussing Z-Zegna. Really. Just search and read, it's all been discussed. Hell, there was just a thread a few DAYS ago about Z-Zegna and prices+construction. Yes, they're fused and made in mexico. yes, it's a similar cut to the mainline but slimmer and they have a drop 7 ("city" model) and drop 8 (Deco is slightly larger, the regular drop 8 is slimmest). No, you probably shouldn't pay $1500 for it, don't pay more then $1K.
thanks i am sorry , but i do have to ask few questions of my own , and i dont wish to bump old topics for what btw i need to know $1500 does z zegna suits really sell that much? or this is boutique mark up.. the guy who served me said he can do MTM as well (but i dont think i have budget for MTM) ... and according to him the suit that he showed me from z zegna is canvassed and made in italy... (i somewhat believe what he said because he gave me very good impression , when he could tell my size without me telling him and , and he know what i was looking for even before i can say what kind of suit i wanted.. so thats why i take his word but now i am quite doubtful after reading around) but i dont know how to verify it .. and i didt find the made in italy label because i actually took his word .. until i read in the forum stating that Z zegna suits are made in mexico.. so i really need to verify wether they are z zegna suits that are made in italy and canvassed?

bjan

Reaction score
Can't comment about the fusing, but as for country of origin, why don't you go back to the store and look at the tag?

I have a Z Zegna and it's made in Mexico, btw - it's one of my favourite suits.

hermes man

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjan
Can't comment about the fusing, but as for country of origin, why don't you go back to the store and look at the tag?

I have a Z Zegna and it's made in Mexico, btw - it's one of my favourite suits.

i wont be going to the store again till next month

hmmp yea i am shy to admit but when i put it on at the store i thought i look better in it than my 3k$ giorgio armani suit..

ALFAMALE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes man
i wont be going to the store again till next month

hmmp yea i am shy to admit but when i put it on at the store i thought i look better in it than my 3k$ giorgio armani suit..

well thats no surprise...

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't by the brand at full retail (but then I rarely buy anything at full retail) although I like a lot of what Z Zegna is putting out. Especially the outwear. Some of the outwear is made in Switzerland and I don't think we can be certain that all suits are made in Mexico.

Mr. Lee

Reaction score
Everybody is right: bottom line is it's not a bad suit but the price is too high.

JTA

Reaction score
If the Z Zegna suit fits you well and the price is reasonable for you then get it, most of the time fusing subject is overly exaggerated. Better to wear a well fitted fused garment than an ill fitted fully canvassed one.

Technology at present days is more advanced (very lightly fusing) than in the past (thick fusing like a cardboard) thus the coat will hold its shape well and will not break down easily from the dry cleaning chemical.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads