• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question about new Canali suit I just purchased from Yoox

davidshalev

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been lurking for a while but have yet to post. So I ordered a Canali suit from Yoox at an amazing price. Measurements were 54 IT and "long sleeves", no information beyond that. I am a 44R and 38 waist in American measurement. So I received the item and I'm a bit disappointed.
The suit, trouser and sleeve length is too long by about 4-5 inches. When I look at the label it states 54 7 XL. It does fit my waist. The question is whether it's worth tailoring suit jacket length to such an extent. Will the pocket appear too low?

The other issue is that it doesn't have all the tags and symbols you see in another Canali suits (shown on eBay and other websites).
1.There is no tag on the cuff of the sleeve that states is some Canali
2. The main rectangular card attached with a string doesn't state "Canali" but some generic ID tag that doesn't indicate the origin.
3. The trousers don't have the logo Canali in the belt region.
4. There are threads here and there sticking out . Is it supposed to be perfect of is this the norm?

To be fair, both suit and trousers have the small explanatory label that states the Modello, Tessuto, etc...

So I wondering what your opinion is in terms of authenticity, quality, etc..?

I think it would have been better to buy from the styleforum sellers but there was nothing in my size at the time. Won't make that mistake again.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it came from Yoox, it's authentic.

But 4–5 inches too long for the jacket is way more than a tailor can help you with. The trouser length and the sleeve length can be fixed, but sounds like it's just way too long overall, which makes sense if it's an XL length and you're not 6'6" or something.

Definitely send it back.

That's the trouble with Yoox shopping. It's always a gamble since there are no measurements, poor product shots, and little information. Sometimes the gamble pays off, but not this time.

Last edited:

davidshalev

Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent advice. How can you find out what the length of the suit, sleeves, trousers when buying on yoox? There is no S, R or L, XL indication on the product page.
Additionally what is your opinion of the other issues concerning authenticity and newness. More specifically, the lack of a Canali tag on sleeve, hanging from the neck, and logo on the trousers.

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the excellent advice.  How can you find out what the length of the suit, sleeves, trousers when buying on yoox? There is no S, R or L, XL indication on the product page.
Additionally what is your opinion of the other issues concerning authenticity and newness. More specifically, the lack of a Canali tag on sleeve, hanging from the neck, and logo on the trousers.

Bricks and mortar shop. On line purchases will always be fraught with danger.

davidshalev

Reaction score
Ok thanks again. My final question is in regards to imperfections. As I mentioned there are a few loose threads and a very small internal hole. Is this par for the course for Yoox? Should I be a stickler about this? Or due to the lower price relative to other sellers, should that be overlooked.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok thanks again. My final question is in regards to imperfections. As I mentioned there are a few loose threads and a very small internal hole. Is this par for the course for Yoox? Should I be a stickler about this? Or due to the lower price relative to other sellers, should that be overlooked.

A hole in something new unless it was sold as seconds - send it back.

jacobftww

Reaction score
I'd say either return it or sell it on ebay if you thinl you can profit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics