• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Quantity vs. Quality and Underwear

Snood

Reaction score
I know quality is more important than quantity when it comes to fashion, but what about underwear? How important is quality and more important, how many pairs should a man own. I figure 2 pairs of boxer briefs for the day (change after the gym) and then a pair of boxer shorts for sleeping. This is 3 a day or 21 pairs a week. What do you think about keeping 21 pairs, or is this number too high. As my underwear drawer is overflowing I am thinking about purging some. How many should be in a tasteful non smelly man's wardrobe? Thanks!

tween_spirit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
now, bear with me for a second here, because this may sound completely crazy to you.

but maybe, just maybe, it should depend on how often you do laundry / how often you send it out?

it may seem like a radical concept now, but sleep on it, and you might find your answer.

Snood

Reaction score
haha, good call, assume I launder my clothes once per week.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
shit, if you wash them after every wear you're not going to get sweet high contrast fades.

diamonds

Reaction score
i have some special occasion underwear for special occasions and slum underwear for not

nsimp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
shit, if you wash them after every wear you're not going to get sweet high contrast fades.

Definitely gonna cash in on some raw denim underwear.

G0079

Reaction score
Just put them in the freezer when the ballsweat smell gets to be too much.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.