• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Odradek

Reaction score
Picked up these lightly worn Grenson Glenn boots on ebay. Despite being a G fitting, with the addition of an insole, they are a great fit, and very comfortable.
Just can't really figure out what trousers they go best with. Wearing them with jeans today, and visually it doesn't work.

thelonius

Reaction score
Ordered one of the "Stanloey" models by email a couple of years ago. Awful quality, extremely disappointing. Poor quality leather, poor stitching, poorly finished. It's amazing what they can do with photos. Could never get the size right either and in the end asked for a refund. But the quality was very poor. Someone on this thread likened them to a slightly lower quality Trickers. Sorry, but do not agree, they are way way down. Trickers arre usually good solid shoes with good finishing. Maybe the G zero line made in Northampton has better quality, I haven't seen them, but the other lines, I would never risk it again personally.

Odradek

Reaction score

Picked up these lightly worn Grenson Glenn boots on ebay. Despite being a G fitting, with the addition of an insole, they are a great fit, and very comfortable.
Just can't really figure out what trousers they go best with. Wearing them with jeans today, and visually it doesn't work.

Trying to work with the green rather than against it, I'm trying different trousers with these boots today.

danilo

Reaction score
I know I'm kinda bringing up an old thread, better than starting a new one.

Anybody have some final advice for me on sizing, I ordered a pair of size UK7 Grenson G1 Moorgate Oxfords, I"m typically a size 8 in most dress shoes. Site said to order true to size, but I've read differently in other places, to size down 1/2 or even 1 full size.

darkalleY2013

Reaction score
Dear gentlemen,

I've received my Grenson Moorgate today, and discovered something weird.

Is this a sign of defect?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would not say "defect" but if you're talking about the stitching, it's not the neatest.

dr1248

Reaction score
Does anyone on here own the Grenson Ellery - Double Monk - Brown? I am considering purchasing these and would like to get feedback on the quality of the shoe?

Thanks

Last edited:

MTLinStyle

Reaction score
I believe I have these. Bought them at the local store a week ago. Quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. It is not Carmina by any strech of imagination, but then neither is the price and it is my casual shoe to be worn with chino's and jeans and casual pants.

dr1248

Reaction score
I believe I have these. Bought them at the local store a week ago. Quality is decent, but nothing to write home about. It is not Carmina by any strech of imagination, but then neither is the price and it is my casual shoe to be worn with chino's and jeans and casual pants.
Thank you for the feedback.

emidyl

Reaction score
Hi All,
newbie here from Toronto and wanted to revive this older thread.

I bought on impulse a pr of Grenson Tom's High Shine on sale from Club Monaco and received them
today. After I had ordered them, I then searched and found this thread about the G Two lineup.
Anyways, relatively new to the world of "nice" shoes and liked the look of these, but thought I would post
a few pics and perhaps get some feedback on the shoes in general, seeing as the general consensus seems to
be of a lower quality shoe.
They "seem" and look and feel quite nice to me, a touch narrow but stylish nonetheless. Not crazy $ but maybe
I'm the demo Grenson had in mind when marketing this lineup. Mind you on "sale" reasonable but regular list at
$400 is ridiculous, when for an extra $100-150 gets your Churches and such.
thanks for all replies. They even forgot to take off the security tags LOL
cheers,

Papastevesey

Reaction score
Hi Emidyl

I'm a newbie on the forum from Toronto as well and about a year and a half into the world of 'nicer' shoes.

I bought a pair of stanley's from CM in the sales and got a great deal. Admittedly they feel a tangible step down in quality from the pair of Sanders boots and Herring brogues (at around the $400 mark, these are right at the bottom end of the QUALITY shoe scale) I purchased last year, but for your first pair of decent ones, they are going to be just fine.

They are still made using the proper methods, and checked by Grenson... and definitely better than anything you'll find in Browns or B2 or Aldo- And I think the look of the high shine you have on yours looks great.

The G2's aren't worth anything near the full price, but you got yours on sale so wear them happily while you shop for a quality pair next time!

rabiesinfrance

Reaction score
It's a pity the quality of Grenson has gone downhill. Their old Rose line was pretty good. Now it's all rubbish, with silly names for their different lines and absurd shoecare advice on their website. I wouldn't pick up a pair on ebay even if they were at a discount. A waste of money.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads