• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silhouette

Reaction score
Hi there.

Thank you for your reply.

What does "pretty decent quality" for a pair of Chukka equate these days? When I ordered and received a pair of Tetburys in C&J 348 I was disappointed to level that I sent them back. I'm sure they constitute "pretty decent quality" but for £275+ I do not perceive them as great value as opposed to many of the oxfordstyles which C&J manufacture.

Are these (Footmaster) great value at £229,99? Are G&G Arran great value at £600? (Which is currently a special offer at bespoke-england.co.uk).

Any feedback is welcome.

Last edited:

Schweino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you can compare them to the current G1 range. But that said, I wouldn't pay 230UKP for them since they are old stock. Would pay that if they were old stock Masterpiece range Grensons though.

gravis82

Reaction score
Hello

I am looking at the black Grenson Lucas, and I really really like it.

I work in a semi-casual work environment. No jeans except on Fridays, but also no ties or suit jackets. Id probably wear them twice a week, and I would like them to last a VERY long time over multiple resolings. I walk to work, so Im a bit hard on them.

I am purchasing about 5-6 pairs of shoes/boots all at once here, mostly from Meermin, Loake (1880) and Allen Edmonds. But the Grenson Lucas fills a specific niche in my collection I am looking for, the washed black leather and natural sole with a bit of a 'hipster' look. I am concerned about the quality however, as its their G Two line.

I cannot seem to find anything similar to the Lucas that is of better quality. I found this one by floresheim duckie brown, but I think its likely worse!

If there is something else out there please do tell. I have looked and come up empty handed. Or is the lucas my best bet given my style requirements. I understand there is not much out there like that.

My budget is high, likely under 400 US for the right shoe.

Thanks!

JTA

Reaction score

Hello

I am looking at the black Grenson Lucas, and I really really like it.

I work in a semi-casual work environment.  No jeans except on Fridays, but also no ties or suit jackets. Id probably wear them twice a week, and I would like them to last a VERY long time over multiple resolings.  I walk to work, so Im a bit hard on them.

I am purchasing about 5-6 pairs of shoes/boots all at once here, mostly from Meermin, Loake (1880) and Allen Edmonds.  But the Grenson Lucas fills a specific niche in my collection I am looking for, the washed black leather and natural sole with a bit of a 'hipster' look.  I am concerned about the quality however, as its their G Two line.

I cannot seem to find anything similar to the Lucas that is of better quality.  I found this one by floresheim duckie brown, but I think its likely worse!

If there is something else out there please do tell. I have looked and come up empty handed.  Or is the lucas my best bet given my style requirements. I understand there is not much out there like that.

My budget is high, likely under 400 US for the right shoe.

Thanks! 

With your budget I would avoid the Grenson G:2 line, go with G:Zero or G:1 line.
For your purpose you can also check Paul Smith shoes or Septieme Largeur for consideration.

Tamyom

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone comment on the quality of Grenson's Anniversary Edition shoes.

Thanks

Tamyom

Reaction score
Anyone can comment on Grenson anniversary Edition shoes?

Stirling

Reaction score
I would suggest looking into a pair of Barkers instead.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
These get a walk every now and then (today), had em 24 + years and still get admiring looks and comments.

They get looked after, very kindly when required, on the bench at C & J Northampton.

Last edited:

Verrihappy

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Try Tim Little shoes (especially their TL 14 Last shoes). They are all made in Grenson's Northampton factory, and more stylish than what Tim Little the man (and owner) is doing to Grenson. TL shoes are on sale now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads