• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Quality of canali

southwind9

Reaction score
i personally think canali is a bit baggy, some brand like cruciani or isaia fits much slimmer along with luciano barbera

TheChihuahua

Reaction score
I have several Canali suits and sport coats and I think they are excellent. Full canvas, relatively well made, and really look great. But I also always get them new from Sartoriale or from a reputable eBay seller like NYMilan, and rarely spend more than $500-600. You need to figure out if the cut works for you, and what size is best. For two button suits/sportcoats there are three main cuts, the 11000, 13000, and 15000 models (the tags have numbers that start with 11, 13, or 15). The 11000 models are somewhat boxy with a 6-inch drop, the 13000s have a seven inch drop, and the 15000s are quite slim with an 8 inch drop. For me, the 13000 model fits me perfectly whereas the other two don't look good at all. The Kei models (unstructured) have different numbers (I think they start with 26) but same general premise.

have you generally had good experiences with NYMilan? I just checked out their offerings and I like some of what they have. Are the products legit as advertised?

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Btw.....I’ve listed a brand new Canali in the classifieds

southwind9

Reaction score

southwind9

Reaction score
It’s Canali, Saks always adds their label into the Canali they sell.

thanks, was not a fan of the brand and have only checked their retail stores. was not a fan of neiman or saks except the end of season sale as well.

was a frequent shopper on original makers' websites for end of season sale, but i guess with covid-19 and all kinds of businesses going down, it's time to get thrifty.

by the way, received my first ebay purchase a week ago and the transaction was surprisingly smooth given how much hate i have seen for ebay.

emiratiAL

Reaction score
I've purchased a few Canali pieces in recent years (three SC's, a tie and a pair of chukka boots) given there was an almost indefinite sale at their Abu Dhabi boutique, with up to 70% off (albeit the prices were high in the first place).

As someone who generally wears Brook Brothers, Boggi, Suit Supply, Spier & Mackay etc. then I think Canali is a step up from those brands. That being said, 'quality' and 'value' are subjective terms, but if it's heavily discounted and it fits you well, then I would definitely recommend Canali.

Leiito

Reaction score
I can tell you if you know what model of Canali fits you. You won't be disappointed. Full suits of main-line can be found 350 (wired colors & sizes (maybe your style and sizes) to 600 (classic & good sizing).
Kiton / TF I would only buy for the fabrics they offer, not for "construction".
Full suits for 350 to 600, may I ask where?

I didn't think much of Canali but yesterday I spotted a navy blazer in a local store, tried it on and it was just gorgeous, the fabric, the cut, the way it drapes, the way it looks on me, it's a work of art, the model is called Kei, felt fully canvassed but unlined, soft lines, the fabric looks like hopsack but the sales assistant only knew it was wool, it'd take a bit of altering but overall it looked amazing, far better than anything OTR I've ever tried. But it's €1.100, if it's available anywhere for €600, I'd like to buy it, I liked it so much I'm halfway there to paying full retail.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Full suits for 350 to 600, may I ask where?

I didn't think much of Canali but yesterday I spotted a navy blazer in a local store, tried it on and it was just gorgeous, the fabric, the cut, the way it drapes, the way it looks on me, it's a work of art, the model is called Kei, felt fully canvassed but unlined, soft lines, the fabric looks like hopsack but the sales assistant only knew it was wool, it'd take a bit of altering but overall it looked amazing, far better than anything OTR I've ever tried. But it's €1.100, if it's available anywhere for €600, I'd like to buy it, I liked it so much I'm halfway there to paying full retail.
It's been a few years since I've tried on a Kei so maybe they've updated the silhouette, but I remember that the jacket was quite short. Very comfortable but somewhat more casual because it was unconstructed. Something I'd probably wear without a tie, or at most with a knit tie.

Leiito

Reaction score
It's been a few years since I've tried on a Kei so maybe they've updated the silhouette, but I remember that the jacket was quite short. Very comfortable but somewhat more casual because it was unconstructed. Something I'd probably wear without a tie, or at most with a knit tie.
I found the length of a 48 just right, the fit too, I'd just have to take the sleeves in maybe 2 cm, I'm 174 cm.

Definitely on the casual side of things, I had a light brown Gran Sasso merino turtleneck on and the navy coat paired beautifully.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads