• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Q Re Grenson Sizing

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I generally wear a size US 13D in most shoes. I can also fit a 12E. I have a pair of chiseled cap toes that are a size 45 that fit well.

My question is will an 11F fit me in Grenson? Will that relate to a US 12E or an 11.5E/12D?

The shoes in question:

a596_1.JPG

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No - I think Grenson's "F" fitting, for some reason, has become their "medium" width.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, but what about the size, is it a full size up for US or more like a half size?

TomW

Reaction score
Grenson shoes tend to be one full size different from most US shoes. The 11F in question will be roughly a 12D and they do tend to run slightly narrow at the toe, even on their more rounded lasts.

The above is merely my opinion based on my experience with about 10 pair of Grenson shoes

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I would be realy surprised if there were ANY brand for which you could size down the length by two sizes. The general rule is, you can size down half a length if you size up one width -- or up half a length, if you size down one width. Two whole lengths down would make me worry that I would break my toes.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TomW
Grenson shoes tend to be one full size different from most US shoes. The 11F in question will be roughly a 12D and they do tend to run slightly narrow at the toe, even on their more rounded lasts.

The above is merely my opinion based on my experience with about 10 pair of Grenson shoes

Hmmm, I have some Grenson's (all from Paul Stuart) and I wear the same size in them as I do in Edward Green. For Lobb I have to drop one half length and go up one width.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to go for the 13D UK. So if it's anything like my EG Falkirks which are alse 13D UK, they should work out for me.

Thanks all!

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
13D UK? You said you were a 13D U.S... The shoes you ordered will be too long IMO.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
I generally wear a size US 13D in most shoes. I can also fit a 12E. I have a pair of chiseled cap toes that are a size 45 that fit well.

My question is will an 11F fit me in Grenson? Will that relate to a US 12E or an 11.5E/12D?

The shoes in question:

a596_1.JPG

If you wear US13D you need UK12F in these Grensons.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was hoping their 11F would equal a US 12E which, in theory, would fit. Since they're less than 40GBP I would have pulled the trigger.

They're Grenson Greens of the Rushden Collection.

About the 13D, this should equate to a US 13.5 C which I can also wear. Anyone know the name?

c58e_1.JPG

TomW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Hmmm, I have some Grenson's (all from Paul Stuart) and I wear the same size in them as I do in Edward Green. For Lobb I have to drop one half length and go up one width.

My Paul Stuart Grensons are all 10 D, UK Grensons are 9E - the Paul Stuart's are decidedly more snug at the toe. 9.5E for Greens (although on the 888 a 9F will do in a pinch). Lobb on the 7000 or 8000 in 9E, anyother last and it's 9.5E....

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TomW
My Paul Stuart Grensons are all 10 D, UK Grensons are 9E - the Paul Stuart's are decidedly more snug at the toe. 9.5E for Greens (although on the 888 a 9F will do in a pinch). Lobb on the 7000 or 8000 in 9E, anyother last and it's 9.5E....

Man, you're really making me consider these as your experience suggests the 11F is more like a 12E US.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Paul Stuarts are 10.5D US, and my Grenson Masterpiece (the Rugby) is 9.5F UK. Fit is roughly the same, maybe a little looser widthwise on the UK shoe.

I also have a UK 10E Grenson Footmaster - that's definitely too big. A 9.5E would probably be best, but Grenson apparently has settled on the F width.

Other shoes I wear with no problems:

10/10.5D (UK) on the RLPL 89 Last
9.5E (UK) on the C&J 337 last
10.5D on the AE 1, 4, 7, and old 8 last
10.5D on BB's Peals

Given that you said you wear a 13D in US sized shoes, you probably want a 12E or F in the Grensons.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Are the Paul Stuart Grensons made on special lasts exclusive to the store?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics