• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Mario's Seattle

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The salesman at Mario's said today through ~16th almost everything in the store is buy one, get one 1/2 off. It's not advertised.

Zegna, Canali, several stunning Cucinelli cashmere coats and sweaters, Loro Piano, Isaiah, Tom Ford, socks by Pantherella, Nagrani, Paul Smith, Marcoliani, shoes by Bontoni, Ford, sutor mantellassi...

There's a couple amazing Cuccinelli heather gray cashmere topcoats (car coat length) with hand warmer pockets... I believe they were retailing around $3000
plain.gif
So hey, buy both for $4500.
eh.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me say, havin now finally examined Bontoni and Sutor in person, I can't say I am that impressed at the look/build for the price (~$1100 and up). The Sutor's edge dressing was up and streaked on the leather of the shoe- is that supposed to be "rustic"? Looks sloppy.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Mario's sucks pretty bad. You came out from St. Paul to shop in Seattle? And went to Mario's??

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hossoso
Mario's sucks pretty bad. You came out from St. Paul to shop in Seattle? And went to Mario's??

No- I came to Seattle on business and had time to stop in.

Sucks bad in what way? Other than price (to which they are no different than these brands in any other store in the country). The help was also very cordial.

Christofuh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
< Cough

The salesman was telling you everything was 25% OFF so long as you buy in 2s.

Cough>

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
It's been quite a while since I've been to Seattle but I've always had a pleasant experience shopping at Mario's. Expensive experience as well.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've always had friendly helpful service at Mario's.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Age doesn't seem to be a determining factor getting ignored there. Over several visits, I've experienced excellent service, to feeling nearly invisible in an empty store (staff aside). Their end of season sales are really good.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Christofuh
< Cough

The salesman was telling you everything was 25% OFF so long as you buy in 2s.

Cough>

Heh - thought of that. I noticed something in every store I was in today. They ALL mentioned a great willingness to deal on price. Must be the economy but I rarely experience that in other cities and never in the Twin Cities.

Another shop- name escapes me, selling Scottish cashmere willing to knock a hundred off... but not like that was a bargain at $800 retail.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads