• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: Crockett & Jones Belgrave handgrades $325

fusherino

Reaction score
i got my belgraves and tassle loafers friday. both are black and marked size 12 (UK for sure). i sent the belgraves back cause they are just too big. the loafters i cant make up my mind about. i think a 11.5 would be perfect, but on the website they say 11.5s ship february 4 so im a little unsure what to do since i have a pair now, and they fit pretty good. i guess when buying a pair of shoes that will last years and years i should get a perfect fit, but thats complicated by the fact that my two feet are at least half a size different from each other. uh i should have just ordered 12s and 11.5s from the beginning.

fusherino

Reaction score
for the langham loafers, size 11.5, both black and tan. i actually ordered a pair last nite in black, and plan on calling tmw to see how they can be sure they will receive a pair in a month or so. actually my plan is most likely to tell them to forget it, ill keep the pair i have, but anyways.

http://www.bullockandjones.com/prod....cid=157&rid=43

fusherino

Reaction score
oh btw an hour before i bought the 11.5s in black the pull down said ships 2/2, and then an hour later said 2/4, as it does now. just thought id share.

augustin

Reaction score
I ordered Roseberrys, size 9 1/2. They came Friday. There is a handwritten sticker on the outside which covers the UK size on the box, that says 9 1/2. The size on the box underneath is 9. The shoes were in good shape except for a small scuff mark on the size. The Roseberrys are a deep butterscotch tan, not the color in the picture but the color they said they had. (Any suggestions forhow to deal with tiny scuffs?) They seem highly variable --- you pay your money and roll the dice.

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Just to make things MORE confusing, B&J's website now states that Belgrave sizes are English, and customers should size down a half size from their American size. B&J had previously stated they would use American sizes going forward.

Nice way to confuse potential customers.

I'm no expert in shoe sales, but I think that one reason standard sizes were introduced was so customers would not have to guess whether or not a pair of shoes would fit them. I guess that B&J decided to go in another direction.

http://www.bullockandjones.com/prod..../?cid=57&rid=5

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha well nobody forced the British to drive on the left side of the road. But they did it anyway.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My 11 UK tans are available.

Worn for about 20 steps to try on. Too big. Not looking to make any profit, and I am too lazy to deal with customer service.

sidvar

Reaction score
After first expressing regret and then promising delivery of a pair of 11.5UK/12.5 US C&J Belgraves in Tan, the geniuses at Bullock and Jones finally sent me a blowoff email this morning... So if anybody would like to sell me their wrongly sized Belgraves in Tan (preferrably) but also Black, I am very very interested. Please PM me.

from\tRuth Anderson <[email protected]>
to\tSidvar <s...gmail.com>,
date\tJan 9, 2008 6:02 PM
subject\tRe: Your Bullock & Jones Order
mailed-by\tbullockandjones.com
\t
Mr. Sidvar, I am very mortified to tell you that I am afraid when we went to pick and set aside your order this morning, we discovered we did not have the shoe after all... I am so extremely sorry! I am afraid because of an initial mistake we made in receiving and sorting the shoe by size (we accidentally sorted them by UK size, when we meant to by US, and then decided to do UK size just for this item), and we thought we had corrected the problem. Unfortunately, it appears that we did not.

Because we accidentally shipped a few pairs of this shoe to people in the size they almost certainly did not mean to order, there is a chance we may get a return that I could then send to you. I have left a few messages to these customers in hopes of determining a pair that is not the correct size for them. I will advise you if this happens, but it is hard to tell.

We are very sorry for our mistake and the disappointment we have created!

Sincerely,
Ruth x 227

Alphadave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sidvar
After first expressing regret and then promising delivery of a pair of 11.5UK/12.5 US C&J Belgraves in Tan, the geniuses at Bullock and Jones finally sent me a blowoff email this morning... So if anybody would like to sell me their wrongly sized Belgraves in Tan (preferrably) but also Black, I am very very interested. Please PM me.

I received almost the same email from Ruth. I've given up.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand the anxiety over these and Bullock and Jones. They're not much more expensive when ordered from PLAL guys.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I don't understand the anxiety over these and Bullock and Jones. They're not much more expensive when ordered from PLAL guys.

325 vs 460 + international shipping.

?

knowsnothin

Reaction score
Size 12 in black is now available. However, the site now states the shoes are listed in English sizes. Just my luck, I'm waiting for a US 12.

Alphadave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by knowsnothin
Size 12 in black is now available. However, the site now states the shoes are listed in English sizes. Just my luck, I'm waiting for a US 12.

I've been advised that they won't be getting US12s in black
frown.gif

sidvar

Reaction score
OK, my feet really suck -- the size 11 UK CJ that Bullock and Jones were selling is a little too small for me and size 12 UK is a little too large. I guess that's why I am a 11.5. Well, the good news is Ms Anderson at Bullock has found a 11.5 UK in tan for me and its on its way now.

Before I return the two shoes I have with me to them, I thought I'd give first dibs to anyone on the board. This is a really handsome shoe and a steal at the price, a good $130 less than P. Lal is selling them in Malaysia.

So what I have is CJ Belgrave captoe NIB Size 11 UK (a true US 12 fit) in TAN and an NIB Size 12 UK (a true US 13 fit) in BLACK.

Each is available for $356 SHIPPED. I will give anyone here exactly one day to bite, else these go back as I want to get this over with either way, pronto.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads