• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PSA: 50% off at Ralph Lauren / 40% off Sale Items, Marlows for under $400+tax

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll never buy a thing from Ralph if they cancel my order..

I agree. They supposedly fucked up with this code and they should eat the cost. They shut it down quickly enough. If you got an order in ship the damn thing!

I don't believe the story. I think this code wasn't supposed to be widely used and when it was they created some bullshit excuse. Surprising that a code that shouldn't have been released provided the exact discount it claimed to...

Last edited:

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm leaked code promptly withdrawn and now I *need* a pair of those Lindricks. Well played Ralph.... well played.

forseti6

Reaction score

I'll never buy a thing from Ralph if they cancel my order..

Unfortunately this won't make a dent in their bottom line. They'll still sell tons and tons of their stuff. Likewise, making good on this coupon will unlikely make a dent in their bottom line either, so why piss off a bunch of people who likely will be return customers if they honored this discount?

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I agree. They supposedly fucked up with this code and they should eat the cost. They shut it down quickly enough. If you got an order in ship the damn thing!

I don't believe the story. I think this code wasn't supposed to be widely used and when it was they created some bullshit excuse. Surprising that a code that shouldn't have been released provided the exact discount it claimed to...

I think the Internet has, unfortunately, doomed the effectiveness of this argument. A hot deal that goes viral on Slickdeals or other such site can produce thousands of orders even if the screwup is caught immediately.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the Internet has, unfortunately, doomed the effectiveness of this argument. A hot deal that goes viral on Slickdeals or other such site can produce thousands of orders even if the screwup is caught immediately.

Maybe so, but I've had obvious errors honored by Brooks Brothers. Those $99 Black Fleece Shell Cordovan purses (MSRP ~$3,000) is a godo example of this.

I'll be bummed if they don't ship my order.

jd2010

Reaction score
Lol all you guys getting indignant and pist and vowing never to shop there again are cute.

This is the way of the internet in the 21st century. Companies can and will cancel any order, at any time, for any reason. Until it's in your hands, don't expect to get it. I've had things rerouted by fedex back to a seller after being shipped to me.

A reasonable person would not expect a well established premium brand retailer to firesale their entire catalog @ 50% obviously. Get a grip.

Besides, they probably don't give a crap if they're pissing you off. If i were a retailer I probably wouldnt cater to the hordes of people who only buy my stuff @ 50% off.

Last edited:

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe so, but I've had obvious errors honored by Brooks Brothers. Those $99 Black Fleece Shell Cordovan purses (MSRP ~$3,000) is a godo example of this.

I'll be bummed if they don't ship my order.

I've found that BB has a much better customer service than RL. Granted, I never had problems with either one of them and they've always been good but BB will actually go extra mile to make sure that you are satisfied. You can return your merchandise any time you want to BB whereas RL has a 30 day policy. But then RL is a much bigger company and probably doesn't need to expend so much effort to create new customers or retain them.
I was being sarcastic when I said I wouldn't buy anything from them again,the flip side is if they cancel my order I would have avoided spending $1300 and I don't really need those shoes.

rjsphd

Reaction score
It was not unreasonable to believe that RL was offering half off. In the last 48 hours I have received limited-time offers of 25-40% off from other stores. End-of-quarter desperation?

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It was not unreasonable to believe that RL was offering half off. In the last 48 hours I have received limited-time offers of 25-40% off from other stores. End-of-quarter desperation?

I'm not sure how unreasonable it is either for "VIP Coupon". RL has done a number of 40% off everything with a 15% kicker for shopping early. That's 49% off and it has included the Darlton shoes. I know because I've purchased two pair at that price. One had to go back for ****** quality and I was hoping to replace it now.

BoboMax

Reaction score

Lol all you guys getting indignant and pist and vowing never to shop there again are cute.

This is the way of the internet in the 21st century. Companies can and will cancel any order, at any time, for any reason. Until it's in your hands, don't expect to get it. I've had things rerouted by fedex back to a seller after being shipped to me.

A reasonable person would not expect a well established premium brand retailer to firesale their entire catalog @ 50% obviously. Get a grip.

Besides, they probably don't give a crap if they're pissing you off. If i were a retailer I probably wouldnt cater to the hordes of people who only buy my stuff @ 50% off.
This.

scoobie

Reaction score
I got a shipping confirmation for my order.
You guys should zip your lips and not start ringing the customer service and sending angry emails to "double-check." Why blow it up anymore than necessary?
Play it like a smooth operator and keep it on the down-low and let's see what happens.

david123

Reaction score
Great news! Frankly, this is probably sensible price discrimination on their part, even if clearly unintentional. I wasn't going to buy any of that stuff at a much higher price than this, and they are still making a profit.

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Play it like a smooth operator and keep it on the down-low and let's see what happens.
I agree. My order has changed from "Processing" to "Item(s) located in stock." I didn't have any big ticket items like cordovan shoes so I'm hoping mine ships without a hitch. Fred

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree. My order has changed from "Processing" to "Item(s) located in stock." I didn't have any big ticket items like cordovan shoes so I'm hoping mine ships without a hitch.
Fred

Mine is "Item(s) located in stock" as well.

sm31

Reaction score

I got a shipping confirmation for my order.
You guys should zip your lips and not start ringing the customer service and sending angry emails to "double-check." Why blow it up anymore than necessary?
I called because I saw the announcement with an obvious expiration date of 9/30, and thought the fact it wasn't working might be a mistake. So don't blame me if stuff gets cancelled; clearly they were aware of it before I called.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads