• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Preventing Armpit Stains?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr_economy
If you're in the US, the product will be called Certain-Dri. Should be available at most drugstores and/or supermarkets.

The only difference between the Rx and non-Rx versions in the US is the concentration. The non-Rx usually have about 12% active ingredient, while the Rx strength is about 20%.

mattjames

Reaction score
My British non-Rx version is 20%.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mattjames
My British non-Rx version is 20%.

Probably very similar to the stuff I use, Odaban, also from the UK, also non-Rx, also 20%. The concentration that renders it Rx-only is different in the UK from the US. Is yours roll-on or spray?

mattjames

Reaction score
Roll-on. I have found that a single application can last for 2 or 3 days, although some of the hotter days we've had recently have defeated it and I have sweat a little bit.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roll-on. I have found that a single application can last for 2 or 3 days, although some of the hotter days we've had recently have defeated it and I have sweat a little bit.

If you're in the UK, try Odaban. Might be even cheaper there. It's a spray, so less messy, and I've found I only need it like once per week. And no, I don't work for them
wink.gif

mattjames

Reaction score
What areas can the spray be used on? I don't find the roll-on to be messy.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What areas can the spray be used on? I don't find the roll-on to be messy.

I've only used it under my arms. My old stuff was a roll-on, and I found I was always either getting too much or not enough. The spray also doesn't leak if I travel with it.

fortune

Reaction score
i shave my arm pits but I've also been using my 'miracle product' for about a year now called Maxim Anti-Persperant. Iuno if it's anything like what some have said about the aluminum thing but it's a roll-on liquid that's like 14 bucks for a bottle that lasts a few months. regular deodorants/antipersperants don't stop me from sweating and if i don't use this it can get pretty bad. but you put this stuff on right before you go to bed and you don't have to worry about sweat at all the next day. go to www.stopsweat.com if you're interested.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads