• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pre-Distressed Honeycombs

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Earnest sewns arent badly placed IF you are actually that tall. But what percentage of people actually correctly fit a 34 length? Still, I think natural honeycombs are normally lower than you think. You might guess that they should be directly behind the knee but usually they don't develop like that. Lately i have been watching people with run of the mill jeans and their natural honey combs are pretty low. Its because the leg rides up when you crouch down. If anything the natural wrinkles will be below the knee. It would never ever be above the knee.
DSC02090.JPG

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Still, I think natural honeycombs are normally lower than you think. You might guess that they should be directly behind the knee but usually they don't develop like that. Lately i have been watching people with run of the mill jeans and their natural honey combs are pretty low. Its because the leg rides up when you crouch down. If anything the natural wrinkles will be below the knee. It would never ever be above the knee.

I've found this to be absolutely true of my jeans. The jeans tend to ride up a little when I am biking/or sitting, which is when most of the higing takes place. I wear my jeans pretty much the way they are generally shown on the Nudie website and lookbook (i.e. a little loose at the hips and through the legs) So the honeycombs end up just under the knee when I am standing up and the jeans hang on my hips.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Earnest sewns arent badly placed IF you are actually that tall. But what percentage of people actually correctly fit a 34 length?
34? My Hutches are 33 (which, yes, contributes a bit to the low honeycombs; I wear a 32 length). Still, I thought they were all 33 length?

Ahaz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PunctualAlex
The honeycombs don't look terrible, although they do look a little off. However, the rest of the jeans look really damn good, and I normally hate Evisu stuff. Seriously, those look pretty excellent, although I would completely understand if the honeycomb thing sticks out in your mind enough to ruin them for you.
I'm not sure how fashionable your friends are, but if I wore those jeans my friends would be too impressed to notice a detail like that. As for the credit card jumble, if you want to order the rigids and just mail those to me I'm sure you could sleep with a clean conscience
tongue.gif

Thanks man! I love the jeans too. Puma finally billed me for them (maybe just because I emailed them?). I ordered a pair of rigids, and will evaluate both and send one back. I think it's going to be the washed pair, because the honeycombing just bugs me. I can obsess over tiny **** like that.

To the rest of ya'll, I think these are too low. I know they don't match up with your knee, but these start below my calf muscle - like 6 inches above my heel. I guess they would line up better if I were taller. I'm like a 32.75 inseam, so I am usually forced to order a 34.

I don't bike or run in my jeans, so my jeans generally don't have very heavy fading in that area. Most of the creasing and wear is located on the very upper calf and behind the knee for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads