• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Post pics of your denim - denim fades and evolution

Astronaut888

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mistral
Damn, now that are some backpockets.... Fit is good though... Only they need a hem bad. You could try to cuff them to see if it works out, but in any way those are too long. You should try to find out if these babies are sanforized or not. If sanforized, you could hem right awat. If not, you could hotsoak them to get most of the shrinkage out and decide to hem afterwards. If you insist on keeping them dry, you could also hem them with account for shrinkage. All is for your own risk though, would be a bummer if they end up too short.
If I hotsoak them now on the front end, will that drastically affect the ultimate characterization of the denim? I feel that a 2 inch loss in length would be sufficient to wear without cuffing. Don't want to cuff ideally. Not my style and not a good look for my height IMO (5'5") thanks for the input

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whatever123
hey astronaut888

context also has momotaro and somet's that you might want to look into as well.

QFT. I think every single person needs to own a pair of Momo's and/or Somets. Everything about these jeans is so great [/fan rant].

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Astronaut888
They are not sanforized. If I hotsoak them now on the front end, will that drastically affect the ultimate characterization of the denim?

I feel that a 2 inch loss in length would be sufficient to wear without cuffing.

Don't want to cuff ideally. Not my style and not a good look for my height IMO (5'5")

thanks for the input

Do a hot soak for about 45 mins to an hour, without agitating the denim. It will make the jeans shrink a lot (most of the shrinkage will be done in the first soak/wash, for sure if you do it hot)

Without agitating the denim, the indigo will stay in its place and intact, so no harm caused here. After soaking hang them to dry (naturally). This can take some time, in extend to about two days.

If you are afraid the denim will shrink too much, this is something you will have to see for yourself, considering the " snugness" of your fit, it's possible to wear the jeans damp after you soaked them. This will make the denim stretch a little, be careful though because it can cause different unwanted side effects, like for instance kneebags.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
QFT. I think every single person needs to own a pair of Momo's and/or Somets. Everything about these jeans is so great [/fan rant].

yup. im really regretting sending back my momotaros. i was going to wait to get a pair until we went out to ny but we ended up changing the date until later this year so i might just order the size 34 i had and just stretch the bitches out. but i totally agree with you.

Astronaut888

Reaction score

certainly considered the somet 003s, but just dunno about such a low rise.
as a denim newbie, I have certainly been known to tuck a shirt or two into my jeans, and would imagine this is prohibited
blush.gif
on a low rise jean.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
as a denim newbie, I have certainly been known to tuck a shirt or two into my jeans, and would imagine this is prohibited
blush.gif
on a low rise jean.

nope, not at all.

Mistral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blush.gif
on a low rise jean.

I also have the tendency to tuck in (dress)shirts. It's no problem, even with the low rise of the Somets.

If you dig back in the Somet thread, you might find some fitpics regarding the slim tapered fit they do. I had a shirt tucked in too. IMO it was a good look.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
^size up

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Try ns instead in that case.

kinkbmxco

Reaction score
These are my first denim fit pics. First is APC NS size 26. I fear I may have sized down 1 too many based on the stores recommendation, waist fits fine but the thighs are a bit tight. These probably have a week or so of wear.
2enu5nq.jpg
2zgho9v.jpg
725d9s.jpg

Next are a pair of Epaulet Smiths size 28. The leg is a little wider but I still think the thighs might be a bit too tight. These have probably been worn 4 or 5 times.
27wvedk.jpg
2je311c.jpg

I am curious to hear feedback and if anyone has recommendations for something that has a slightly wider thigh.

transient

Reaction score
Belt under the patch? Hopefully those will stretch to accomodate the thigh, otherwise there is always regular fit jeans...

*edit* or live and learn and size +1 from this

nineohtoo

Reaction score
kinkbmxco, what's your true waist size? I'm a 29" and picked up the Cone Mills Smiths in 28 and were perfect in the waist but a tad loose throughout presoak. After a soak, they fit perfect imo and look a tad looser than how yours look and seem spot on to their Rivet Chinos in the same size.

kinkbmxco

Reaction score
Just measured and my true waist size is 29.5". The Smiths in 29 probably would have fit me better but I bought them when they were on sale so I couldn't exchange! Hah, like transient said, live and learn!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads