• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ETA 2824-2, isn't it? and display caseback?
tempting )) and 500 m for a lot less than seiko asks for their 300
we have them here too
It is powered by Sellita Caliber SW200 and does not have a display back but it is good for 500 m. I can't remember where I got it but it was at a great price. Excellent value.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Sellita pretty good too and maybe even gives eta 2824 a run for the money

http://watchflipr.com/movements/sellita-sw200-vs-eta-2824-2/

I see some Deep Blues on sale with a display caseback

deep-blue-odblu-3-1000x1000_0.jpg

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am incorrigible, went on a bender, bought three watches in one day. At least the three together totaled a touch over 1K. This Seaborne arrived today. The computer knows my weaknesses so I get bombarded with watch ads. These kept getting my attention because of the cool color combinations. You know I like color..... Well I like it except I wish that the numbers and indices were about 3/4 smaller. Fun watch.

20210222_155342.jpg
20210222_160903.jpg
20210222_161614.jpg

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my watch of the day

watchofday%2Bstrela%2Bfeb%2B22%2B2021%2B1.jpg

Strela 45 mm Poljot 3133 movement

watchofday%2Bstrela%2Bfeb%2B22%2B2021%2B2.jpg

Rather busy here on the dial, both a tachometer AND a telemeter scale, can measure both speed and distance to visible event (must be heard as well ))

watchofday%2Bstrela%2Bfeb%2B22%2B2021%2B3.jpg

Prime mover: Poljot 3133, some people even know what it is, but mainly they congregate in Russian watches on formerly Bernie's and now Vertical Scope's watchuseek
Those old Poljot 3133 movements are pretty solid. The early 2000s were great years for buying funky, cheap, reliable Russian watches.
I see some Deep Blues on sale with a display caseback

View attachment 1560480
This is a good example of a watch that would be much better without a display back.

monkey66

Reaction score
Today.

Full outfit here:

P1010003 copy.jpg

sarteaga

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input on the previous inquiry. I do have a Vincero coming in. One more. A seller on eBay is offering what seems to be a very good deal on a Parnis Automatic Watch. They're asking about $70 shipped. I've gone through most of this thread and read a couple reviews earlier in the thread. What are the thoughts on Parnis Automatics?

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going on a year with my Islander, and I'm very happy. I bought it as a beater watch, and it's come to crowd out my old TAG for the second amount of wrist time after the Planet Ocean. It's on a blushark NATO at the moment, but the bracelet it came on is pretty high quality for the price: solid links, screws, decent clasp.

200M, screw down crown, ceramic lumed bezel, Seiko N36 movement that hacks and handwinds and a sapphire crystal for $299.

dEowjj.md.jpg

da0awX.md.jpg

da0ctn.md.jpg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the input on the previous inquiry. I do have a Vincero coming in. One more. A seller on eBay is offering what seems to be a very good deal on a Parnis Automatic Watch. They're asking about $70 shipped. I've gone through most of this thread and read a couple reviews earlier in the thread. What are the thoughts on Parnis Automatics?
I have a Parnis I got just for the hell of it with very low expectations. It’s a clone of a IWC. White face and those hands that sorta change colour from navy to baby blue. I don’t wear it often and it’s a bit thick but have had it several years and it seems to work perfectly.

1614274358794.jpeg
1614274358794.jpeg

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I vote for bachelorette number three!
And I might as well vent on a personal gripe of mine - either have numbers or sticks or whatever but keep it constant around the dial - having only a 12 (or a 6 and 12) throws the visual balance off to me and in any case is completely unnecessary on a sport or dive watch. Tag has a whole series of watches with a massive number 12 only and they never work for me.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote for bachelorette number three!
And I might as well vent on a personal gripe of mine - either have numbers or sticks or whatever but keep it constant around the dial - having only a 12 (or a 6 and 12) throws the visual balance off to me and in any case is completely unnecessary on a sport or dive watch. Tag has a whole series of watches with a massive number 12 only and they never work for me.

Not a fan?

50970557108_c91f62e04d_b.jpg

I'm not a fan of just the 12 or the 6 and 12, but I do really like the 3-6-9 combo like on an Explorer, and too a lesser degree the 3-6-9-12 combo and occasionally the 6-9-12 if they felt the need to replace the 3 with a date window.

I agree though that having just 12 or 6-12 on the dial seems to throw the balance of aesthetically.

It's sort of like when Grand Seiko removed the "Seiko" branding on their watches. It through off the balance of what I was used to seeing and took a bit to get used to.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that’s one of the better interpretations but I’d still rather have consistency around the dial. Also even though the explorer 1 seems to have universal acclaim I’m one of those weirdos who prefers the Milgaus. Especially the green with the blue glass. Stick markers all around too!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads