• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty good lume.
DB955A51-79D0-4580-87C5-D3DD22A32291.jpeg

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have other watches but the Citizen Eco Drives are my favourites.

I hear you on that! I am blown away by their reliability. No need for maintenance. No need to change batteries. Just set the time and you’re good to go.

I got the BN0190-15E last year and I was so impressed I decided I need an eco-drive on a metal bracelet. My Seiko automatic gave up the ghost last year, and I don’t feel like spending 400 bucks to service it when the thing only cost 400 in the first place.
3E541018-A215-4C19-923B-466F2393E7F9.jpeg

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This arrived today: Helson Sharkmaster 300.

6f5ad9e4-02aa-4002-aac0-a13c5b7b4732-jpeg.15574544

af960e4e-e577-4dff-87b5-28e42ec72f87-jpeg.15574545

ea152519-990f-4c0e-b777-35bc77795390-jpeg.15574546

I know a lot of folks don't care for brands like Helson because of their lack of originality (though Helson does have a couple pretty cool, unique models) but I've never been less than impressed with the stuff I've had from them.

Looks nice. Is that the 42mm version?

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This was more what I was thinking, but, it doesn't come in titanium and still too busy a dial for me. I think a chrono just isn't in the cards heh

men-s-citizen-eco-drive-calendrier-multi-funtion-watch-bu2021-51l-4.jpg

that's not a chrono, I thinks it's a Date - Day - Day/Night

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think they're very popular here, but I like the Swatch X Hodinkee Sistem 51 watches. I've owned two of them and currently have the blue one. But, I really like the new one they just released:

That looks pretty cool. I was about to ask why in the hell would you spend that much on a Swatch but I noticed it's Auto, didn't know they came like that.

Wish I still had mine from when I was a kid. It was the pink and black checkerboarded one. Had two of those goofy rubber band dial protectors that I twisted together heh.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hear you on that! I am blown away by their reliability. No need for maintenance. No need to change batteries. Just set the time and you’re good to go.

I got the BN0190-15E last year and I was so impressed I decided I need an eco-drive on a metal bracelet. My Seiko automatic gave up the ghost last year, and I don’t feel like spending 400 bucks to service it when the thing only cost 400 in the first place.
View attachment 1507985

Well that's comforting. If my Turtle dies and it costs that much, I'd probably give up and go for an eco-drive at that point as well. But I sure as hell hope that doesn't happen, and I have a feeling service on that movement would probably cost me only 100.

Last edited:

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think they're very popular here, but I like the Swatch X Hodinkee Sistem 51 watches. I've owned two of them and currently have the blue one. But, I really like the new one they just released:

I've handled a few of the Sistem 51 watches in person but never owned one. They seem pretty nice. This one that Hodinkee just launched is one of the cooler looking ones. This one is pretty tempting.

Wish I still had mine from when I was a kid. It was the pink and black checkerboarded one. Had two of those goofy rubber band dial protectors that I twisted together heh.

Every time I go over to my parents my mom and dad seem to find a box of my old junk that they want me to take home (or throw away). I'm always looking for 3 things when I go through those boxes of stuff:

• My old NES system and games
  • My old GI Joe toys
  • My old Swatch
No luck on any of those things yet.

My wife still has a Swatch that she got in the mid-90s. I need to get a new battery for it and see if it fires up...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
  • My old NES system and games my brother sold them years ago
  • My old GI Joe toys I blew them up with firecrackers, along with my brother's GI Joes
  • My old Swatch destroyed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads