• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obris Morgan Branco's now available for pre-order - great looking watch, I ordered mine in black PVD.

http://www.obrismorgan.com/english/branco.html

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@kent wang, what movement is in that watch?
It's a BWAF movement, the highest quality watchmaker in China and all of Asia. They're not well known outside of China, but you can search the internet and watch forums. I'm willing to bet it's the best movement you will find in any watch less than $700 (twice the price of my watch).

They're not as well known as Seagull but the production quality is comparable to or even better than the finest Seagull movements. Unlike Seagull which produces both low-end to high-end products, BWAF only does high-end. They don't do OEM assembly for other brands like Seagull does and usually do not sell their movements either, so it was quite a coup to get these—my watch guy has good guanxi. The rotor is much smoother and the guilloche decoration is nicer as well.

Last edited:

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a BWAF movement, the highest quality watchmaker in China and all of Asia. They're not well known outside of China, but you can search the internet and watch forums. I'm willing to bet it's the best movement you will find in any watch less than $700 (twice the price of my watch).

They're not as well known as Seagull but the production quality is comparable to or even better than the finest Seagull movements. Unlike Seagull which produces both low-end to high-end products, BWAF only does high-end. They don't do OEM assembly for other brands like Seagull does and usually do not sell their movements either, so it was quite a coup to get these—my watch guy has good guanxi. The rotor is much smoother and the guilloche decoration is nicer as well.

I hope it does well so you can do another watch with more classical styling... Something in gold with Roman numerals I would buy in a second.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I thought about omitting the date window but I find it helps when glancing at it to visually orient the dial since there aren't any numerals or logo text.

GentlemanJohnny

Reaction score
One of my favorites:

It's a Lucien Piccard that cost under $200-300 if I recall. I'm not a watch connoisseur and I have no idea what brands exist out there other than household names like Rolex and Tag Heuer but I love these kinds of watches. I absolutely hate watches with metallic bands...for me, it's gotta be leather (though I have made some exceptions). What I like about this in particular is the rose gold plating and the red face...where I shop I see a lot of silver and gold finishes on watches so I like this break from the norm.

The biggest problem I have is I don't have a watch-winder...so I end up having to wind this watch every time I use it...so I've given up trying to keep the date and other hands aligned...I only concern myself with the time-keeping hands.

The wristband is starting to show wear and tear :( Do you guys maintain the wristbands the same way you maintain shoes? I've never seen cream/conditioner specifically for watch wristbands...any thoughts?

linsook

Reaction score

got an error on your website for the watch. i beleive the movement is the b16zr not b162r.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads