• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo Shoes on eBay - Help

TomW

Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
Oo! My size. Does anyone know if the EG for RLPL are

10.5/11 E 89
-or-
10.5/11 D 89

or something else?

I fit a 10.5/11 E in the 202 last, but never tried on a RLPL shoe. Maybe I will before this auction closes...

I believe the MacKays are 10.5/11 D on the 888 last

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisc
It was then that Jwoodywild realized that he had made the biggest mistake of his life.
I dunno...I'm fairly certain this is one of those things we've all noticed but we're not talking about so our snipes go through without any problems. edit: for some idea how the current batch of auctions will go, do a completed listings search. Two pairs of Polo/C&J have been auctioned to completion and the final values were $160 and $163 plus $10 shipping.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am sure this has been asked many times before so apologies.

If I wear an 8.5UK in regular C&J's, what size do I want for the Polo C&J's? 9 or 9.5?

Thanks,
Eric

Flip

Reaction score
Something is wrong.

Because I sent an email to Grapevinehill asking about the shoes that started this thread and they said they checked and the answer was China.

Crazy because when they were not marked English in the auction like they usually do I thought Italy but they came back with China.

Did I just get a smartass that was tired of answering eBay questions all day??

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The China-built ones are quite different: clunky and the stiching is visible on the sole; also IIRC the Chinese ones don't have a combo heel.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, these aren't made in China.

johnnynorman

Reaction score
Isn't the answer supposed to be, "Yes they are made in China. Avoid like the plague."
teacha.gif

Eskie

Reaction score
I'm hoping they are C&J as it's tough to find anything decent in a size 12. Their BIN is $199.99, but hopefully it will sell a bit below.

johnnynorman

Reaction score
You know, the Carlsons are made in Italy, I think. I'd say the leather is slightly better than Allen Edmonds, but I don't think they are goodyear welted -- I think they are Blake-rapid stitched.

billiebob

Reaction score
I thought the Carlson's were made in Italy as well. It says so on the polo website. Compared with the Darltons, which have almost the same shape, the Carlsons are much lower quality. I've only seen the black Carlsons, and the leather is always wrinkled on the lacing flaps in a most unattractive way. You can even see this on the website. Those in reality look the same.

The brown Carlson up for eBay looks better then the black one.
Here are the links to the Carlson
http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...566&cp=1760781

The Darlton plaintoe cordovan is back online! No black yet, however.
http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...816&cp=1760781

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
I thought the Carlson's were made in Italy as well. It says so on the polo website. Compared with the Darltons, which have almost the same shape, the Carlsons are much lower quality. I've only seen the black Carlsons, and the leather is always wrinkled on the lacing flaps in a most unattractive way. You can even see this on the website. Those in reality look the same.

The brown Carlson up for eBay looks better then the black one.
Here are the links to the Carlson
http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...566&cp=1760781

The Darlton plaintoe cordovan is back online! No black yet, however.
http://www.polo.com/product/index.js...816&cp=1760781

The dark brown Darltons are reportedly shell cordovan leather; the black ones are not. I own brown Darlton wingtips and can confirm that the wingtips are shell cordovan. Shell cordovan shoes would be a heck of a deal during the 40% off sale.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads