• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Polo Ralph Lauren "Purple Label" cummerband question

Tano

Reaction score

appolyon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
both look the same to me

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yup, they look the same.

Tano

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It wouldn't be the first time I jumped on cheap deal only to later discover why one was significantly cheaper.

Matt S

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano
On a side note, Is a cummerbund a necessity if i am going for a traditonal classic look to go with my 1 button grosgrain peak lapel tux?

Either a cummerbund or low-cut waistcoat is necessary for the classic look. I hope you're wearing a turn-down collar, not a wing collar. If you are wearing a wing collar, a waistcoat is a necessity.

Tano

Reaction score
I have purchased everything except the shirt. I have been told that only the turn down collar is acceptable. Im even more confused since im not sure if i need the bib, pleats or normal shirt, and if i need buttons or studs

IronRock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tano
I have purchased everything except the shirt. I have been told that only the turn down collar is acceptable. Im even more confused since I'm not sure if i need the bib, pleats or normal shirt, and if i need buttons or studs

White shirt with soft fold down collar and either subtle 3/4" pleats or Marcella fronted (a sort of thicker moirÃ
fabric). The shirt should be secured with either black or (an I prefer this option) MoP studs.

The cummerbunds look the same to me and you should def wear one.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.