• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo in Italy Black Leather Lamb Skin Jacket Medium, fur lined

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got this and although I love it, it's too tight (or so says the wife - she doesn't like it
blush.gif
) Anyways...black lamb skin jacket with fleece lined inside, very soft - very cool jacket - size Medium. originally $1895...yours for $575 shipped CONUS. Thanks for looking Mike
IMG_2167.jpg
IMG_2168.jpg
IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2171.jpg
IMG_2173.jpg
IMG_2174.jpg
IMG_2175.jpg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mike,

That's a lovely jacket.

Is there any chance of getting some basic measurements?
Such as an idea of the chest measurement?
Sadly, terms such as "M" tend to vary so much, even within brands, that it's a bit difficult to know if something will fit or not.

By the way, I think that it would more properly be called fleece-lined, not fur-lined.

Thanks,
Journeyman

whusurdadi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Journeyman
Mike,

That's a lovely jacket.

Is there any chance of getting some basic measurements?
Such as an idea of the chest measurement?
Sadly, terms such as "M" tend to vary so much, even within brands, that it's a bit difficult to know if something will fit or not.

the chest is about 19" - it's kinda hard to measure since it's not flat, it's kinda thick.
sleeves are 25", top to bottom is 26", top of shoulders to top of shoulders across the back is 18.5"...
Hope this helps - it is a gorgeous jacket!
Mike

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wear the jacket, pretend you are a WWII era aviator, throw in some British accent, and save your damsel from some sort of distress.
lol8[1].gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Man, I've been looking for something really similar for a long time. If only the leather were something a little tougher than lambskin. I just don't trust myself with really soft leather. It's very nice though, and just the design I've been looking for.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please let me know if you plan on giving this jacket away to charity. I can, uh, help with that. Shame it's out of my range. It's a fantastic jacket. I do always wonder why there aren't jackets like this with heavier hides for the outer shell, though.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Please let me know if you plan on giving this jacket away to charity. I can, uh, help with that.

Shame it's out of my range. It's a fantastic jacket. I do always wonder why there aren't jackets like this with heavier hides for the outer shell, though.

Well, it is shearling, which means it's a lamb's skin with the wool still on it. I realized the irony of my complaint while I hit "post". But what I am really looking for is a jacket of something like goatskin but with shearling-like lining in parts of it (esp. the collar). It's actually rarely cold enough here to wear a full shearling coat, but I'd love a leather jacket with shearling details that I still could layer with.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really liked the idea of shearling details. It always struck me as unreasonably superfluous to try put shearling on a jacket designed for only slightly cold weather.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've never really liked the idea of shearling details. It always struck me as unreasonably superfluous to try put shearling on a jacket designed for only slightly cold weather.
Nothing really feels the same against your neck. If I designed and made it, it would be cut like this jacket, made of goatskin or maybe lightweight horsehide (ha ha), lined in wool, but with shearling collar and cuffs.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Nothing really feels the same against your neck. If I designed and made it, it would be cut like this jacket, made of goatskin or maybe lightweight horsehide (ha ha), lined in wool, but with shearling collar and cuffs.
The jacket will in fact be hand carved by seventh generation Swedish master craftsmen from a solid block of self contradiction.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The jacket will in fact be hand carved by seventh generation Swedish master craftsmen from a solid block of self contradiction.
Just get rid of anything that doesn't look like a badass jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads