• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL !

Synae

Reaction score
I'm buying a Balmain jacket but can't decide between 3. Vote on which you like better or rate each individually. Feel free to bash them if you hate them but give reasons.

1)

2)

3)

Reaction score
2nd is trash in real life. Leather is AllSaints quality. No no no!

I would go with 1st. But frankly not a fan of any Balmain outwear piece from this season, except one shearling jacket!

Synae

Reaction score
Thanks,

That actually helps a lot. I live in the Midwest so I don't have access to any stores that sell Balmain so I can't see the pieces in person. I think #3 is really cool but apparently it's made in Romania...I don't think that's common for Balmain? Does anyone know the quality of it?

Reaction score
I can tell that this season the quality is not as it was, Balmain is going Givenchy way, while they are not increasing prices like crazy, they do tend to lower the quality, e.g. YKK zippers instead of Lampo ones.
Now they produce most of their Leathers in Turkey, while previously that was correct only for a cheaper items (cheaper in Balmain terms of course)

3rd looks good, but just not for my taste – this long V-neck is good for an evening event, but for casual day by day use – it looks bit too feminine to me. U need to try such things before you buy, but for me – first will be good with both casual and dressy, and will go good with nearly anything!

You don't like any other outwear pieces this season?
What size are you?

Personally I start buying pieces from past collections I missed those season! Just bought 2 leather jackets - from ss13 and from ss12. And leather pants from fw12. Quality is nowhere near what they are offering now!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads