• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

POLL: Custom Raw Selvage Jeans - What features?

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
129136767550176922.jpg

heeblet

Reaction score
Cool Graphic. Vote? This isn't for my self esteem, I know someone who makes this **** and was hoping to get some input for them.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by heeblet
What would you get in your jeans and what would you pay for them if it were up to you?
What is vintage fit? Is that a loose and high rise jean? I generally favor straight fits (usually regular straight to slim straight, no to baggy and skinny straight), no real preference between cone or japanese denim. But then, I am a sale-seeker and will take whatever I can get cheap.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Slim straight, buy the denim yourself for a grand total of $30 for 2 yards, take it to a tailor.

Of course, I'm a cheapskate who doesn't like paying $250 extra for denim that costs $20 more. But what do I know? I prefer jeans that fit and don't sag off ******.

heeblet

Reaction score
Vintage fit is relaxed and bigger up top, tapered below the knee. I kinda hate it, but its' coming back.

heeblet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cptjeff
Slim straight, buy the denim yourself for a grand total of $30 for 2 yards, take it to a tailor.

Of course, I'm a cheapskate who doesn't like paying $250 extra for denim that costs $20 more. But what do I know? I prefer jeans that fit and don't sag off ******.

I like that response. It generally costs a lot more for tailoring than $20 especially if they don't have a pattern. I know a place that can clone the fit of another jean, and make one from it with whatever fabric you supply but that costs quite a bit.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
every option you listed exists already, so please don't bother making it again

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At $300 w/jp denim, you're going to have a hard time competing.

Cone at $180, straight cut (i'd prefer to see slim straight,) with nice features and cool hardware (copper rivets, leather patch, chainstitched hems, etc.) Basically an ande whall copy, and he's doing well, I'm wearing some cone Ande's now and they are bad ass jeans.

steviecakes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by heeblet
Oh God, please don't bring back those fits. Also please don't bring back 80's acid washes and light blue's and crap.

this has already been brought back by the skateboard community since last year, ironically mostly worn by kids born in 90ish

edit: and to actually give some input, I'd like to see slim straight jeans made in USA of USA denim, available in a true 28. A lot of companies 28's actually measure to 29, and then stretch out to a 30 in a week or 2, leaving us petite guys **** out of luck and either going to shittier denim a la APC or paying $250-$300 for japanese denim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads