• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

please help me name this style

mobobs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this RLPL suit to sell on ebay (48R custom fit if anybody is interested
smile.gif
It has an interesting button by the collar (I doubt it's meant to be buttoned but I did so for this picture.) If anybody knows what this style is called it would be very helpful. Thanks!
12.jpg

4a360f15.jpg

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a functional tab collar to me.

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Referred to as a throat latch. Used to cover your neck and provide protection in bad weather.

perfect detail on a striped 3 piece suit. Designers, what are they thinking?

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Throat latch.

EDIT:
censored.gif
Despos is just too fast for me.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Functional collar tab, more commonly associated with a sport coat to be worn in the country (ie tweed) than a suit.

If you are about to sell it, it looks far too creased and careworn to merit those labels and faux baste stitches you have attached.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
If you are about to sell it, it looks far too creased and careworn to merit those labels and faux baste stitches you have attached.

Wow
eek.gif
Looks wrinkled but real RLPL to me as do the ones in his sale thread. Ralph Lifshitz is a fan of the throat latch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads