• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

places to buy cheap, *INTERESTING* clothes

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo SF,

I know all about H&M/AA/FTL tees, APC's, and cheap sneakers, but I'm looking for places where I can buy relatively inexpensive clothes that might take my fits past the well-fitting t-shirt/New Cures/sneakers uniform I'm rocking at the moment.

So far, I've though of:
yesstyle.com
that "divided" collection on the 2nd floor of H&M
topman
uniqlo phone order
crossroads (this semi-upscaled quasi-thrift store in chicago/evanston)
gasp, urban outfitters
alternative apparel

Any comments on the places I mentioned and/or other suggestions?

Regards,
wmmk

rapdancin

Reaction score
what brands are solid on yesstyle? they are all unfamiliar to me, has anyone had experience with anything on there?

edit: also this site has convinced me that asians can pull off almost anything

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely look at second hand, have a look at the Styleforum market as you will find a lot of great deals, keep hunting on eBay and scavenging op-shops. Also not meaning to promote another forum but Sufu have a ****-ton of cheap stuff from good brands constantly - http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk...splay.php?f=14 . April 77 is cheapish and has some interesting stuff. Michael J Krell sells very cheap but very good clothing. Also have a look at Rakuten here - http://search.borderless.rakuten.com...&sp.pf=&sp.pt= There are some good deals to be had if you look a bit.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
That's because good design costs money and cheap azz places can't produce so they have either

a) lackluster **** (ie banana)
b) plain ass **** (ie **** you mentioned)
c) they copy trends (ie topshop, hm)

dbtbandit67

Reaction score
Los Angeles: $1 Vintage Sundays at Jet Rag in Santa Monica.

You do have to put in a little work as you are literally digging through piles of clothes on their parking lot. And after you buy them, you do need to get them dry-cleaned, but they are still far more cost efficient than buying new clothes (if you're willing to put in the work). Plus, a lot of people love the vintage look.

cshd

Reaction score
I've bought 2 peices from Yeststyle and they are both ****. i bought this polo http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.aspx?pid=1011055483. The fit was actually good. It is a one size shirt but it fit like a xs in most american shirts. it but it really smelled bad so I washed it. Then it shrank so small and the collar shrank so bad it looked stupid. I never got to wear it. I also bought this button down: http://www.yesstyle.com/en/Product.aspx?pid=1011915807. Again the fit was good. I bought a Large and it fits like a xs to S. A little short in length. there were alot of loose threads and the button holes were sew on badly so i had to rip out a button to take it out. The fabric is very cheap ,i would compare it to some dollar store curtains fabric, very thin and rough material. I wore it once to a party. I also bought from CBUNitedStyle. I bought the striped dress shirt. The fit is awesome. the best fitting dress shirt i ever had, but i also don't have much experience outside of mall dress shirts. the material is kinda thin and stretchy but soft, a little wrinkle resistant but not much, I would suggest if you buy one to not put it in the dryer. It was a good buy imo at 40% off at black friday. The white dress shirt was a diffrent story. THe first time i wore it i loved the fit like the striped one. The material was thin tho, almost see through so i had to wear an undershirt. after the wash it shrank and the arms became too short and the lenght shortend too. It was a bad buy but might be good to size up for shrinkage. Both those were Mediums and fit like S in American. I also bought the black stylish Cardigan. THe fit was bad. Loose on the body tight on the shoulders and sleeve length was too short. the button holes had loose thread and are too big for the buttons and never hold. Bad buy. I am 5'6 1/2 135 lbs 36 chest 29 1/2 waist Hope this helps someone.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PinkPantser
Save your money, buy higher quality less quantity.

+1

I've recently realized this and am in the process of selling half the stuff in my closet that is decent but practically unworn. I'd be much better off with, say, one Self Edge shirt that I love, compared to five other shirts that are ok.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good advice for adults. Not necessarily for teenagers.

wmmk could very well grow out of anything he buys now, or discover a new style, or simply have the teenage life ruin an expensive piece of clothing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads