• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pinstriped Odd Jackets

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For instance, check out cashmere king Brunello Cucinelli in the ad for his firm in the latest Men's Vogue. A light gray pinstriped jacket and kakhis.
I`ve never seen the ad, but I think light grey is the keyword here. If one was to wear a pinstripe suit jacket as a sports jacket, then light grey would be the color to try. Also, I imagine that the jacket was probably made of a flanel or something similar in taste...not just a regular wool, suit jacket.

Charcoal pinstripe suit jacket would look horrible as a sports jacket. As mentioned earlier, the pockets make a big difference too.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
Perhaps if you posted a picture of your outfit with the jacket if would be easier to tell if it "looks" to much like a suit jacket.
This is more or less the kind of context I would wear it in. Sorry about the picture quality, my room and hair is a mess and this is not my usual camera:
HPIM1150.jpg
Close-up of fabric:
HPIM1145.jpg
Ensemble:
HPIM1146.jpg

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is that the Fisher Price magnetic writing pad hanging on the door? My kids love that thing.

edit: btw, the jacket is definitely from a suit but it looks fine with jeans for that kind of look. Don't wear it with other pants.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rnoldh
BTW: The pinstiped coat with jeans look is not for me. Neither is any orphaned suit coat with different dress pants for me. But I've seen a lot of younger people with that look. Perhaps it's an age thing. It seems a lot more common for people in their 20's!

I'm quoting myself! It looks good on you(if that's your type of style), but I can't imagine the look on someone in their 50's (ME!)
laugh.gif

See, it's probably an age thing!

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, that`s definately a suit jacket. It doesn`t work with jeans or odd trousers.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon
Yep, that`s definately a suit jacket. It doesn`t work with jeans or odd trousers.
Too late....
blush.gif

darck

Reaction score
I think it looks great together with jeans. I'd imagine it would look odd on an older gentleman, but it does look good on you.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dragon

Sure it works. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, there is no way one should be knocking your style or considering it a sartorial mishap. As you can tell by the posts, there are people who prefer not to wear a suit jacket with anything other than its matching pants, but that's not gospel. It's a good look if you're hanging out in the city or a club, but obviously not a business related event.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If the lapels were skinny, the look would work better. As is, if you're comfortable with it....

alexei

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86
Too late....
blush.gif

I think that outfit looks good. What opinions do you guys have about the length difference between the untucked shirt and the jacket drop? How much should it be?

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've done the suit coat with jeans look myself (I'm 35) so I don't mind it but there is something odd looking about that particular ensemble. I think the jeans need to be more a light blackish-gray for it to work for me.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really looks like an orphaned suit jacket. If you are around 20, it may look great to your tribe (I wore some strange thing myself at that age, actually, I still wore very stange thing when I was around 30), but if you are older than 30, I think it would look better with the matching pants (although I am not very fond about those specific stripes...).
By the way, I have an odd pinstripe (or chalkstripe, I am not sure about the difference) light blue Loro Piana linen/wool jacket, I'll try to get a photo and post it, I think it looks great but I may be wrong, some friend of mine have suggested that I look like a some kind of Swedish tennis referee in the 50s... In another thread I asked about getting a striped odd jacket and the answers convinced me that I should not.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely a suit jacket, but the look is great on you. It goes with your longish hair and facial hair.

Is that an earring or an earbud in your right ear??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads