1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Pinstriped Odd Jackets

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Augusto86, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Yep, that`s definately a suit jacket. It doesn`t work with jeans or odd trousers.
    Too late.... [​IMG]

2. darck

darck Well-Known Member

I think it looks great together with jeans. I'd imagine it would look odd on an older gentleman, but it does look good on you.

3. teddieriley

teddieriley Senior member

Yep, that`s definately a suit jacket. It doesn`t work with jeans or odd trousers.

Sure it works. If you like it and feel comfortable in it, there is no way one should be knocking your style or considering it a sartorial mishap. As you can tell by the posts, there are people who prefer not to wear a suit jacket with anything other than its matching pants, but that's not gospel. It's a good look if you're hanging out in the city or a club, but obviously not a business related event.

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

If the lapels were skinny, the look would work better. As is, if you're comfortable with it....

5. alexei

alexei Senior member

Too late.... [​IMG]
    I think that outfit looks good. What opinions do you guys have about the length difference between the untucked shirt and the jacket drop? How much should it be?

6. gorgekko

gorgekko Senior member

I've done the suit coat with jeans look myself (I'm 35) so I don't mind it but there is something odd looking about that particular ensemble. I think the jeans need to be more a light blackish-gray for it to work for me.

7. epa

epa Senior member

It really looks like an orphaned suit jacket. If you are around 20, it may look great to your tribe (I wore some strange thing myself at that age, actually, I still wore very stange thing when I was around 30), but if you are older than 30, I think it would look better with the matching pants (although I am not very fond about those specific stripes...).
    By the way, I have an odd pinstripe (or chalkstripe, I am not sure about the difference) light blue Loro Piana linen/wool jacket, I'll try to get a photo and post it, I think it looks great but I may be wrong, some friend of mine have suggested that I look like a some kind of Swedish tennis referee in the 50s... In another thread I asked about getting a striped odd jacket and the answers convinced me that I should not.

8. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

9. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Looks good...nice try [​IMG]

10. thinman

thinman Senior member

Definitely a suit jacket, but the look is great on you. It goes with your longish hair and facial hair.

Is that an earring or an earbud in your right ear??

11. Augusto86

Augusto86 Senior member

Definitely a suit jacket, but the look is great on you. It goes with your longish hair and facial hair.

Is that an earring or an earbud in your right ear??

Ummm...neither - my ears are not pierced and there's nothing in them!

??

12. sidvar

sidvar Senior member

Oh yes there is, looks like a hearing aid or blue tooth thingie.

Ummm...neither - my ears are not pierced and there's nothing in them!

??

13. James Bond

James Bond Senior member

Most inane thread resurrection ever?