• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pink Pants - Yes or Absolutely not?

Canal Directo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vincerich
Most seersuckers (read as "all that I've seen") are for people who are too stupid to realize that they look stupid....Either that or they're for old guys who want to look like old guys. Regardless, it looks plain old hilarious. It's a man's version of wearing pjs to class or a modern day, equally foolish version of "The Emperor's New Wardrobe."

gtfo-take-fail.jpg

Lafcadio

Reaction score
holymadness; We're all trying to reintroduce dressing well into the mainstream said:
How I agree with this. Let's all sober up a a little.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed people can get so worked up about pink - it's not like wearing black trousers
wink.gif

Anyway regardless of the nay-sayers (or maybe because of them
fight[1].gif
) I bought myself a pair this lunchtime. That will definitely frighten the children.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
**** the 'public'.

That's the spirit...

We must be able to wear what we really want as long as we do comfortable doing so...

It is irrelevant if an outfit is correct or not..

If we were all following the sartorial etiquette inherited from Victorian times ,the world will be a boring place...

Even Victorians did break etiquette to create their own set of sartorial rules...

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most seersuckers (read as "all that I've seen") are for people who are too stupid to realize that they look stupid....Either that or they're for old guys who want to look like old guys. Regardless, it looks plain old hilarious. It's a man's version of wearing pjs to class or a modern day, equally foolish version of "The Emperor's New Wardrobe."

Seersucker is incredibly popular in the deep south. The Seersucker suit was essentially popularized by Haspel, in New Orleans, where I happen to live. I don't look like an "old man" in seersucker, nor do I look stupid, foolish or like I am wearing PJs to work. You are entitled to your opinion of course, but you are plain wrong.

Mike

RoyalPaJamas

Reaction score
Obviously, you don't understand the meaning of the word "homophobe"; using words that you don't understand makes you a douchebag

Learn how to follow a thread. Read the post I quoted, then read what was quoted in that post. Then read in chronological order. If you're still confused, let me know.

Petko

Reaction score
I find it that rather interesting that several members chose to equate the wearing of pink pants with homosexuality, thus revealing their own homophobic inclinations.

Do you find the wearing of such trousers by other men so emasculating that you feel the need to lash out with negative, gay comments to affirm your own masculinity? Chances are you are much more insecure with your own sexuality than the individual who possesses the confidence needed to make these bold sartorial choices.

Sanguis Mortuum

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petko
I find it that rather interesting that several members chose to equate the wearing of pink pants with homosexuality, thus revealing their own homophobic inclinations.

Do you find the wearing of such trousers by other men so emasculating that you feel the need to lash out with negative, gay comments to affirm your own masculinity? Chances are you are much more insecure with your own sexuality than the individual who possesses the confidence needed to make these bold sartorial choices.

Maybe they're all Elder Goths.

I almost picked up a pair of Uniqlo's pink chinos last time I went there, but I didn't like the fit so I left disappointed
frown.gif

RoyalPaJamas

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Petko

That was my point exactly.

If you frequent gay bars or have no intention of ever ********** with a woman again, YES!
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
+1 Great answer
Originally Posted by RoyalPaJamas
{+1 Great answer}...if you're a homophobe and/or a douchebag.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd wear pastel pink trousers, I think. Bright "hot" pink? Nope. A friend of mine recently got a pair in that shade though. They are SERIOUSLY bright.
laugh.gif

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think the resistance of some members to pink pants is actually well founded. I'll only speak of my own experience: more than a few times I've been approached by other men who wished to initiate a discussion about my pink pants. Their goal in the discussion was to express to me how terrible a thing it was to wear pink pants. But, to make a long story short, by the time the sun rose the next morning, I had converted them into gays.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20 years ago when I started wearing a light pink shirt or a strong Lacoste,pink was still perceived especially in England as a gay colour...

It was and still is also a class thing...Middle and upper classes tend to wear pink when working classes are more likely to stick with the old stereotype..

Is it a lack of tolerance,intelligence or self-confidence?

A bit of all that mixed together is creating this on-going stupid pink hate..

It is now widely accepted on the continent especially in Italy,Spain,France and even middle class England...

Now Rugby clubs are sporting pink shirts and it is now accepted in this mach sport that pink is actually a great colour to wear ,with irony or not..

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jodhpur