• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pictures of nice gloves...?

Andreas _Zuo

Reaction score
Hi. I had a peccary glove with wool linen. It’s incredible warm and soft. Now I’m considering unlined version and I find Carpincho unlined glove. Anyone can share the review comparing Carpincho with Peccary, also very soft and warm? Thanks !

papado

Reaction score
Hi. I had a peccary glove with wool linen. It’s incredible warm and soft. Now I’m considering unlined version and I find Carpincho unlined glove. Anyone can share the review comparing Carpincho with Peccary, also very soft and warm? Thanks !

Carpincho is a suede-like material; Not sure on the warmness as it will be unlined so there is no real difference in warmth. Peccary is probably a little more stretchy as opposed to Carpincho but both are soft.

bert9000

Reaction score
Looks like leathergloves4u isn’t on Etsy anymore
Placed an order on etsy about a week ago. I've sent him a message on eBay inquiring the status but have yet to hear back :/

Miles R.

Reaction score
Yes I agree, one-piece is a must! The Fort Belvedere hydropeccary looks promising, but I've read reviews that the texture is not quite the same as natural peccary. Their gloves look nice, but my biggest hesitation with them is regarding their fit. Reviews seem to indicate that they have a wide palm and shorter fingers than some other makers.

I have also had problems with fit in gloves from Fort Belvedere, though they were gloves in lamb skin, not peccary. My hands measure 8 inches around, so I thought a size 8 would fit me. I ordered a pair in this size but they were too short as well as too tight in the fingers. I tried size 8.5. They fit very snugly---in fact, so snugly that I could not tolerate the constriction of my fingers (and I certainly do not have thick fingers). I finally went with size 9. Even though these left room in the tips, I thought at least that they would not be too tight. But they were. So, after taking three shipments of gloves, I ended up with nothing.

These were cashmere-lined gloves. The impression that they gave me was that they had been designed to fit without a lining, and then a lining had been added without appropriate adjustment to the cut. This speculation may be entirely wrong, but in any case, the gloves pinched my fingers to a degree that I found quite uncomfortable. Perhaps they could be stretched to fit, but I don't own a glove-finger-stretching apparatus, if there is such a thing.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have also had problems with fit in gloves from Fort Belvedere, though they were gloves in lamb skin, not peccary. My hands measure 8 inches around, so I thought a size 8 would fit me. I ordered a pair in this size but they were too short as well as too tight in the fingers. I tried size 8.5. They fit very snugly---in fact, so snugly that I could not tolerate the constriction of my fingers (and I certainly do not have thick fingers). I finally went with size 9. Even though these left room in the tips, I thought at least that they would not be too tight. But they were. So, after taking three shipments of gloves, I ended up with nothing.

These were cashmere-lined gloves. The impression that they gave me was that they had been designed to fit without a lining, and then a lining had been added without appropriate adjustment to the cut. This speculation may be entirely wrong, but in any case, the gloves pinched my fingers to a degree that I found quite uncomfortable. Perhaps they could be stretched to fit, but I don't own a glove-finger-stretching apparatus, if there is such a thing.
Interesting. I tried a pair also in size 8, and found them to fit very well with the exception of my thumb being slightly further down than the glove's placement.
I feel like gloves can be hard to offer a one size fits most like many try to do.

rharlow

Reaction score
Interesting. I tried a pair also in size 8, and found them to fit very well with the exception of my thumb being slightly further down than the glove's placement.
I feel like gloves can be hard to offer a one size fits most like many try to do.
Indeed, one can't fault a company for their ready-to-wear glove fit, as long as the hand circumference measurement is as advertised. Longer fingers, shorter fingers, wider palms, lower placed thumb, etc--just need to find the make that fits one's hand best, sometimes a bit of trial and error. Or, go bespoke, if one feels it's worth the investment.

Shawl Lapel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another data point - ordered gloves through Etsy about a week ago. Weird for the store to be taken down now.

bert9000

Reaction score
Same, I was just taking to him on Etsy
Just got an update from him. Seems there's nothing to worry about.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads