1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Photos of my Loake Chukkas

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Rock Lee, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Rock Lee

Rock Lee Member

Hello SF's,

New to the forum and thought I'd share some quick photos I took with my phone. I've been looking for a decently priced pair of dark brown chukkas, and purchased these Loake Pimlico's from Herringshoes.co.uk

Was a bit hesitant cause I've never ordered online outside the US & Canada, however, service was great and shipping was incredibly fast(received these 3 days from ordering). Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase and have to thank this forum for helping me find these[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. changy

changy Senior member

3. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

Loake makes a servicable shoe and those have a nice shape to them, enjoy and wear them in good health. Be careful which chakras you do while wearing them though.

4. Smudge

Smudge Senior member

Nice. I have those is suede, think they're called "Kempton". Very happy with my pair. Herring are great to deal with too.
    Welcome to SF.

5. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

Welcome to Styleforum. Congratulations on the purchase, those are nicely shaped.

6. dasai

dasai Senior member

Nice shoes. I'm thinking of getting the Kempton as my next nice casual shoe.

Future shoe purchases should be catalogued here, though. If everyone opened up a new thread every time they bought a new pair of shoes, it'd crowd out all the other topics.

7. FELT

FELT Senior member

Those look really nice. I've always found Loake (the 1880s) to be a good shoe for the money.

Does anyone happen to know of a chukka with a toe medallion?

8. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Loake makes a servicable shoe and those have a nice shape to them, enjoy and wear them in good health. Be careful which chakras you do while wearing them though.

I don't think he'll be opening anything more than the third gate wearing these bad boys.

9. MilesMW

MilesMW Senior member

Hey,

What size did you go with? Full or half size down from your US size?

Thanks