• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Personal Clothier, Roanoke, VA

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I do some freelance writing for a local newspaper. Â When I went out to dinner one night, I saw a store next to the restaurant with a large Lacoste sign (a rarity out here in Bugtustle) and decided to check it out the next time I was out that way so I could report on it for the paper. Â That store was called Personal Clothier and I got a chance to meet Maynard & Kim Reynolds, the proprieters. Â We talked for three hours and unfortunately I wasn't able to convince them to let me write about them for the paper, but I will tell you guys about them becvuse apparently Maynard doesn't mind word of mouth advertising. Anyway, Personal Clothier carries a large line of Lacoste sportswear for both men and women and has access to some special order items you can't find at the mall. Â Maynard is very passionate about the brand, having grown up in the business, and is comitted to seling it whether it's as trendy as it is now or falls out of favor.he suggested that I read up on Lacoste starting with their 2002 book before I even attempted to write about it. My coulmn runs in the entertainment section and only has 500 words max. I guess that was lost on him. Â But I digress... They also sells Vineyard Vines, one of the few places I've ever sen that stocked it in any amount of depth, and does custom tailoring and wardrobe consulting. Â He hinted that there is some big announcement he plans to make in a few weeks abou the store but was very cryptic. Maynard & Kim Reynolds are very committed to their store and upholding those traditons of dress wihich could be considered American Trad. Â The whole '50s/'60s Ivy league era left its mark on fashion and Maynard believes its coming back around. Â While I don't agree with many of Maynard's opinions, their store's selection is immaculate and his prices are fair, and overall the Reynoldses are very nice people. If you're interested in seeing one of the last fire-breathing independent clothing retailers, their store is located in The Corners Shopping Center at 5207 Bernard Drive in Roanoke, Virginia. the number is 540-772-1247, and the email is [email protected]

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads