• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Persol 649 fit

drew959

Reaction score
Gents could I please have some comments on the 649s and whether they fit i.e. not too big? They are 55mm and my local retailer did not have 52s. I can take them back for a refund if they are not to my liking.

Thanks

I Omni I

Reaction score
Have you tried the 52mm yet? I wouldn't say those are too big on you, but they are borderline big. From what I can tell, it's not going past your cheek-line, which is good. The 52mm could drop a total of 6mm from the frames length if that means anything to you. If it bothers you, order the 52mm to compare them, only way you'll know for sure.

drew959

Reaction score
Thanks appreciate the feedback. I checked and they are not going past my cheek line. I previously had aviators which were smaller so im not used to larger sized glasses. But I love the look of these. I havent tried the 52mm but I could buy them online and return this pair.

PDX-S

Reaction score
They look great. Aviators are usually a larger style and today's fashions are often over exaggerated. At any rate, they do not come off as too big. It is simply a personal style question as to whether or not you like the large size. One advantage to the slightly larger frame is that you actually get better coverage and protection from the sun. Once glasses get too big, you'll usually note that the over size creates gaps which defeat the purpose of protecting your eyes from glare and UV rays.

drew959

Reaction score
They look great. Aviators are usually a larger style and today's fashions are often over exaggerated. At any rate, they do not come off as too big. It is simply a personal style question as to whether or not you like the large size. One advantage to the slightly larger frame is that you actually get better coverage and protection from the sun. Once glasses get too big, you'll usually note that the over size creates gaps which defeat the purpose of protecting your eyes from glare and UV rays.
Thanks I appreciate it. I agree and decided to keep them I like the way they look. I havent purchased sunglasses for awhile my rayban aviators lasted nearly 11 years before I needed to replace them. Im very happy with the persols look great and heres hoping I dont lose them hah

PDX-S

Reaction score
All the best. Wear them in good health, and may they stay in your possession until you're done with them... ;-)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads