• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People who call you up for no reason at all...

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's nice. What's depressing though, is to go a period of time with no one making any attempt to contact you (call, text, message, whatever).

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My best friend and I talk a couple times a week for about an hour each time. Sometimes I call her and sometimes she calls me. Sometimes we have more to say than other times, but I can't imagine calling someone with absolutely nothing to say...

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I have a very close friend who regularly calls for no particular reason. He's like a little brother to me, and I try to look out for him since his family isn't here...
I commend you for looking out for him, and urge you to continue to lend an ear when he phones. Perhaps he is very lonely and your voice is his beacon of hope.

I don't think it is odd that guys phone one another regularly, even if it is simply to say, "what's happnin'". That's called friendship. (Or at least one aspect of friendship.)

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I think the point is in the original statement. He has no family nearby and he's bored.

Why not call him yourself once in a while and do something together?

Also, aren't sports the fall-back conversation for all guys? I can easily call any of my friends for no reason and spend a good 20-30 minutes discussing NFL, NBA, MLB or college sports no matter what the season.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Long conversations on the phone are not my thing, especially if the call is for no specific reason.

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Long conversations on the phone are not my thing, especially if the call is for no specific reason.

Yeah, I'm good for 3 minutes on the phone.

ryoneo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually find it nice to have people call me just for the sake of calling. It gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside...
thumbs-up.gif

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I speak to my best friend maybe twice a year. But I see nothing wrong with getting calls from friends just to say Hi. Like the many have said already, it is better than not getting called.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedLantern
not if you're very close friends. I usually talk to my best friend 1-2 times per day, not really about anything, just seeing what is up. It really is kind of like calling your SO just to check in though. Nothing long with a little bromance IMO.
OK, I want you to look very very closely.

Are you....

....a woman?

thoran

Reaction score
well if I'm free dourimng that time I feel like talking to them. If not I will just cut the line.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads