• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Peal & Co Pebble Grain Chukka Boots at BB - Good sale price?

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
I just called and the lady agreed to lower the price on Friday. If these things come in at $150, that's a killer deal.

how do you get the discount?Do you have to use BB credit card to qualify for the sale?

rilian

Reaction score
Originally Posted by forex
how do you get the discount?Do you have to use BB credit card to qualify for the sale?

I believe it's for BB Credit Card holders only.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
Lefty, are you on the mailing list or did you just mention the sale and they lowered the price? I ordered them this morning but would love to save 25%.

I'm on the mailing list.

Preferred Customer Event Oct 31 - Nov 9
25% off when using BB Platinum MC or Brooks Card.
15% off with other forms of payment.

It seems that you should be able to get at least 15% off.

lefty

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty
I'm on the mailing list.

Preferred Customer Event Oct 31 - Nov 9
25% off when using BB Platinum MC or Brooks Card.
15% off with other forms of payment.

It seems that you should be able to get at least 15% off.

lefty

yeah,I got that too,15% off on two pairs would be $60,it wouldn't hurt.I guess we can call tomorrow and ask them to apply the discount.

rilian

Reaction score
I just received both pairs of the burgundy and black in 10s. I wear a 10D on the left foot, and a 9.5D on the right foot. Both pairs fit me somewhat loosely wearing dress socks. I'll probably return these pair because they feel too big, and my heel slips in both. Tomorrow, I'll be receiving the 9.5D pairs, which should fit better.

By the way, these are Alfred Sargents, they have similar handwritten marking on the inside like the plain-toe bluchers that I bought recently on clearance. All of the shoes have the 87D marking as mentioned earlier.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
25% would so rock. Was there some code or something? I'm not sure I got the mailing.

EDIT: Never mind. Found the card.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mailing just came with a catalog for me today. You don't really need it. Just tell them you got a card for the preferred customer event and you'd like to use the discount. The web site just added more sizes today, so I went ahead and ordered a pair of the burgundy chukkas for myself.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, the last on these AS for BB is more long and narrow than short and blobby? Is that a consensus?

I don't get why BB does not provide a view of the shoe from above. Their catalog pictures (and website in general) are pretty but awful insofar as they provide useful information. It's too hard to see the toe shape and relative proportions from the one angle they often provide. Pretty + awful = pretty awful.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dewey
So, the last on these AS for BB is more long and narrow than short and blobby? Is that a consensus?

I don't get why BB does not provide a view of the shoe from above. Their catalog pictures (and website in general) are pretty but awful insofar as they provide useful information. It's too hard to see the toe shape and relative proportions from the one angle they often provide. Pretty + awful = pretty awful.

I would not call these long and narrow. Glad I ordered 2 sizes - my normal and 1/2 size up. Keeping the larger.

lefty

AgentQ

Reaction score
Alas, it would appear as though they are no longer available online. Good thing I ordered 4
smile.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry for the crappy iPhone shots, but here are a few shots of the suede Chukkas.

chukka1is1.jpg
chukka2dk7.jpg

The shape is somewhere in the middle - I definitely don't find them blobby, and in person they actually have quite a bit of refinement that the photos don't do justice to, IMO. That said, they're not Tetburys, and they don't hold a candle to my Rider RBCB1 chukkas.

Still, they look plenty nice and I'll be keeping them. They fit true to size and they're comfy.

Also showed a shot of the writing on the inside. I don't know anything, but thought the pros might be able to tell for sure whether they're AS or CJ based on this photo:

chukka3ua4.jpg

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow the shape and construction looks just like the $37.50 Lands' End AS chukkas from a year back.
rsz4.jpg

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Wow the shape and construction looks just like the $37.50 Lands' End AS chukkas from a year back.

rsz4.jpg

hell,this even looks better than BB boot.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads