• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Passus Shoes

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know many of you know Rezso Kuti, who was the Sales and Production Manager at Vass for many years. I’m sure you shared in my disappointment when he left, but I am happy to report he is back with a new shoe business:

www.passus-shoes.com

I am really excited for Rezso as I know how passionate he is about this project and how hard he has worked to put this together. Many of you knew him well from his time at Vass and will want to wish him the best. As for the shoes, they are hand welted, pegged waists and hand clicked, so production capacity will obviously be limited. I should probably mention that I have no affiliation or business relationship with Passus, I’m simply excited for the shoes and hope a friend does well. And now, pictures!

20200302_174541.jpg

20200303_151536.jpg

DSCF5850_resize.jpg

DSCF5912_resize.jpg

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice. I met Rezso at the Vass shop a few years back when he was still the manager. Very much a stand up dude. The Winston in hazelnut brown looks fantastic.

Meyboom

Reaction score
Great looking shoes in a style that ressembles Vass shoes. Looks like more handwork is involved and finishing is superior, similar to Saint Crispins. Hopefully Rezso will share more information in coming weeks, like where the shoes are made and how the different lasts fit.

LThomsen

Reaction score
I have already ordered a pair from Rezso and very anxious to see it!
Tom 2-eyelet Derby in Horween Russian Hatch Grain
View attachment 1355553 View attachment 1355554
Post some pictures of the shoes when they arrive. Also wondering how they compare to other brands.
I have been exchanging emails with Rezso. He has been very responsive and detailed with his emails.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rezso is an excellent person. I met him while he was working with Dinkelacker and got me a pair. Wish him all the best!

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any information available yet about the last-maker that Rezso used and comparisons to Vass lasts?

Very interesting new entry into the market, for sure. Rezso was always great to deal with.

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any information available yet about the last-maker that Rezso used and comparisons to Vass lasts?

Very interesting new entry into the market, for sure. Rezso was always great to deal with.
You can definitely ask him directly on Instagram!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads