• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pairing options with pastel grey suit

devangrd

Reaction score
I never knew there were forums like this...

I am a physician and am going on an interview next week. I mention the physician part because the clothes I wear don't ever have to be business dressy. Because it's sort of warm, I decided to buy a light or pastel grey suit (slim suit separates from Calvin Klein). I think I want to wear a between navy and sky blue shirt (banana republic, shiny kind of) with a blue and pink diagonal thin striped tie. The tie is otherwise colored navy with the blue stripe matching identically with the blue shirt.

I have never owned a light grey suit. I have no idea what shoes to wear or buy. I hear oxblood, black, tan, dark brown, whatever shoes will work.

Do you have opinions?

So far, I am happy with a narrow dark brown or oxblood bruno magli (?spelling). this gives it a very dressy look. I also like suede dark brown wingtips but i could be way off. I also liked suede non-wingtip oxfords in all sorts of colors (navy blue, light brown, tan, dark brown).And I also liked typical back loafers that aren't that slim, more casual looking, and boring.

I usually dress boringly and I would like to change it up.

Please give me your opinions. Thanks.

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to see how your pale grey suit and blue and pink tie looks to you with a pale blue shirt (or a pink shirt) and either a pale blue or pink pocket square. (Blue, pink, and grey sometimes appear together in nature, particularly in the sky around sunset.)

What dress shoes do you already have? You might find that you already have something that will look very good with your pale grey suit.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't wear a shiny shirt to an interview.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads