• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oxxford Navy Pinstripe Suits

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Franco's Fine Clothier has asked me to start posting some Oxxford/Brioni/Canali on Ebay.....but I thought I would spread the word here first, for those that might be interested.

First photo finished is:

Oxxford

Rennaisance Model (2 Button/Center Vent/Full Lining)

S110's Wool (Tropical) - Navy w/ Powder White Stripe

Trousers are Double Reverse Pleat (knee lined)

Sizes available: Regular 40/44/44
Long 46

Standard 6 inch Drops

Regular Price @ $2895

Offered @ $1445 + UPS shipping

68083t4.jpg
[/IMG]

6ago49f.jpg
[/IMG]

53ommmx.jpg
[/IMG]

52ng7if.jpg
[/IMG]

Please PM or email any questions you may have....thanks!

Ron

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is 1445 the price you will be listing on ebay? seems a bit high, NWT Oxxford suits usually sell @ 600-800 on ebay

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
That's certainly a good deal.....

yeah, I'd probably research it a bit by looking at Completed Listings and going back to Franco with your findings... I think he's going to have to lower that price.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ebay seller Sartoriale (Gabor) consistently gets $700-$900 for NWT Oxxford, and he is at the high end of the market.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ebay seller Emaunaul's Cloest regularlly list his NWT Oxxford suits for $600, and nice navy blazer around $350

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Franco's has, from my personal experience, never gone below 50% on suit clearance in store. Even if they are harder to find colors/fabrics, it will be tough to move them at that price IMO.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even Filenes usually has Oxxfords marked at around $1,000.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi Ron,

I too, think the price is high, and perhaps too high to work (IE sell anything).

But why not let the market decide. List them on Ebay at these prices and see if any sell. You are becoming experienced in the ways of Ebay as a seller. One thing I would definitely recommend is that Francos covers the listing and associated fees. As a seller, you know how those fees add up. Especially if you are having to relist items till they sell (which should be the case, since you will be asking the very top of the market).

Finally, I would suggest the use of an expert website designer and photographer. If you or anyone is selling strictly on price, then the Ebay ad doesn't have to be anything special. The price will sell the item.

But if you are asking a price that is at the top of the market, I think it is very important to have a very professional, well designed Ebay listing, with excellent photography.

Good Luck! Desirable Oxxford suits like these will definitely sell. The market will decide the price ultimately.

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the good feedback.....

Honestly, I am just doing him a favor - have no stake in it myself. He has about 30-40 Oxxford, 30 some Brioni, about the same in Canali that he wanted to sell, and I told him I would be happy to help. No way he would be interested in the prices quoted....a couple of jobbers offer around $800. Half price is a pretty good deal BUT....if there are good/new/clean Oxxford suits on Ebay (honestly, I didn't look) for $600-$800, that's a hell of a deal.

I am a value guy.....I think my shoes (Martegani) represent a great value and the ties I am starting with I also think are a great deal....but my math is a little different than any retail stores would be, so I can offer things with my fingerprints on them a little different than a traditional retail operation can.

I'll leave these two offers available for anyone that is interested in very classic (ie. should not be marked down so often these patterns) suitings, but I will not spend the time with the others unless someone would like a list knowing that the price will be $1445 for anything he has on clearance. He also wanted me to list Brioni at $1695, but maybe that would be alot of work for little as well....any opinions on Brioni at this price?

Ron

pfr0g

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RIDER
He also wanted me to list Brioni at $1695, but maybe that would be alot of work for little as well....any opinions on Brioni at this price?

Ron

The Brioni price has a better chance, especially if they are from newer collections (retail 4400+). If you have a shadow stripe navy blue 42R Brioni I may even bite
laugh.gif

RIDER

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally, I would suggest the use of an expert website designer and photographer. If you or anyone is selling strictly on price, then the Ebay ad doesn't have to be anything special. The price will sell the item.
I KNOW!!!! It's not easy taking pictures of tailored clothes....alot easier in my light box for shoes/belts and my livingroom for ties!
smile.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Brioni and Oxxford are two brands where you can get really hammered (suits, jackets) as a seller on ebay. I've gotten more for pants than I did for a NWT Oxxford Gibbons jacket and a Brioni wool/cashmere plaid I sold went for less than what the fabric alone probably costs.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
ebay seller Emaunaul's Cloest regularlly list his NWT Oxxford suits for $600, and nice navy blazer around $350

i think emmanuel's has moved up to $700 for NWT suits.

bslo

Reaction score
I definitely think it's worth your time is try Brioni at $1695. You'll probably sell a few. As you now realize, Oxxford at $1445 would be really difficult, unless maybe you had the new neapolitan like model (Crittenden, I think).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads