• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outfit combo thoughts

alt.don

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a pair of Paul & Shark jeans as well as two tops from them. Also, thinking of getting a pair of black Allen Edmonds Macneil. Would those shoes work with the jeans? I think so, but would appreciate your thoughts/constructive criticism, and or alien conspiracy theories. Links to all items included below.

http://www.harryrosen.com/eng/produc...Jeans?31370027

http://www.harryrosen.com/eng/produc...shirt?31340091

http://www.harryrosen.com/eng/produc...shirt?31340090

http://www.allenedmonds.com/webapp/w...ategory=120552

LukeM

Reaction score
Each year approx 200,000 people disappear in the U.S. Some show up in large cities as transients or homeless people. Some simply run away from home and start a new life in a new city. However…many are never found and one possible theory is that they’re kidnapped by aliens! Some of the stories about Dulce New Mexico and other locations suggest large scale hives of aliens working along side humans in experiments on humans among other things. Row upon row of vats with human parts and cages with people inside have been described by the few guards and people that successfully ran from this place. Whether or not there’s any truth to this can be determined only after the “they and them” in the government come clean and allow others to go to these sites and report back to the rest of us. Why are these secret bases on Indian reserves? Read about the “greada treaty” of 1954 and know that this meeting with 3 alien craft was filmed and is shown to every newly elected president so Obama must know about them. Look it up and be advised…you won’t like what you read. Why are there 131 underground bases in the US and where did they get the money….your money….to build these bases? Why is it that somebody’s been building underground tunnels connecting them…since 1954 up to and including today? Find out about the “Delta Force” which guards these bases and find a copy of the executive order that created such a force and see what it says. Who pays for them…with your money? What government body oversees these kind of things and who is responsible for them?? Just how much does the president of the US know about alien contact and why is it that nobody ever asks him about such knowledge? The president cannot affect the world’s financial crisis but he can stop the funding and acknowledge to the world that alien contact was made a long time ago. Make you congressman accountable for these answers and don’t vote for anyone who makes out that they don’t have any knowledge of these kind of things. That would be a lie if they’re running for re-election. It’s time we know the truth and it’s time you set the real priorities for spending your money. We can no longer afford to turn away from knowing the truth.

alt.don

Reaction score
If not in black then I assume you suggest brown or burgundy? On that note, is it really worth it to upgrade to Cordovan? I have never worn a pair of Cordovan shoes.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LukeM
Each year approx 200,000 people disappear in the U.S. Some show up in large cities as transients or homeless people. Some simply run away from home and start a new life in a new city. However...many are never found and one possible theory is that they're kidnapped by aliens! Some of the stories about Dulce New Mexico and other locations suggest large scale hives of aliens working along side humans in experiments on humans among other things. Row upon row of vats with human parts and cages with people inside have been described by the few guards and people that successfully ran from this place. Whether or not there's any truth to this can be determined only after the "they and them" in the government come clean and allow others to go to these sites and report back to the rest of us. Why are these secret bases on Indian reserves? Read about the "greada treaty" of 1954 and know that this meeting with 3 alien craft was filmed and is shown to every newly elected president so Obama must know about them. Look it up and be advised...you won't like what you read. Why are there 131 underground bases in the US and where did they get the money....your money....to build these bases? Why is it that somebody's been building underground tunnels connecting them...since 1954 up to and including today? Find out about the "Delta Force" which guards these bases and find a copy of the executive order that created such a force and see what it says. Who pays for them...with your money? What government body oversees these kind of things and who is responsible for them?? Just how much does the president of the US know about alien contact and why is it that nobody ever asks him about such knowledge? The president cannot affect the world's financial crisis but he can stop the funding and acknowledge to the world that alien contact was made a long time ago. Make you congressman accountable for these answers and don't vote for anyone who makes out that they don't have any knowledge of these kind of things. That would be a lie if they're running for re-election. It's time we know the truth and it's time you set the real priorities for spending your money. We can no longer afford to turn away from knowing the truth.

Have you tried the search function?

alt.don

Reaction score
The search function....it can sometimes difficult to phrase your searches in order to get the desired results. That said, if you have a thread in mind by all means please feel free to kick me a link to it. Constructive criticism or help is always appreciated.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlexE
255 bucks...what is so special about those jeans?

They're fairly inexpensive considering they are by Paul & Shark.

That's not to say I'd spend $255 on them, but these days 200 bones is a pretty common starting range for denim that isn't Gap/AE/H&M.

alt.don

Reaction score
Nothing special really. To me though, I like the thin clean weave of the jean themselves. Personally speaking I find a thin cotton jean like this hangs better then bulkier weaves. When it comes to jeans I have found it very difficult to find a pair that looks good/hangs well. I trust this clarifies.

AlexE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing me up to date on jeans ... always was happy with my Levis 501 or 505.

Regarding the outfit: Not sure what is special about it. Jeans and checked short-sleeve button-down shirt is pretty much a teenager look - of course they would wear sneakers rather than AEs which is also more appropriate with this look.

HarleyBob

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LukeM
Each year approx 200,000 people disappear in the U.S. Some show up in large cities as transients or homeless people. Some simply run away from home and start a new life in a new city. However...many are never found and one possible theory is that they're kidnapped by aliens! Some of the stories about Dulce New Mexico and other locations suggest large scale hives of aliens working along side humans in experiments on humans among other things. Row upon row of vats with human parts and cages with people inside have been described by the few guards and people that successfully ran from this place. Whether or not there's any truth to this can be determined only after the "they and them" in the government come clean and allow others to go to these sites and report back to the rest of us. Why are these secret bases on Indian reserves? Read about the "greada treaty" of 1954 and know that this meeting with 3 alien craft was filmed and is shown to every newly elected president so Obama must know about them. Look it up and be advised...you won't like what you read. Why are there 131 underground bases in the US and where did they get the money....your money....to build these bases? Why is it that somebody's been building underground tunnels connecting them...since 1954 up to and including today? Find out about the "Delta Force" which guards these bases and find a copy of the executive order that created such a force and see what it says. Who pays for them...with your money? What government body oversees these kind of things and who is responsible for them?? Just how much does the president of the US know about alien contact and why is it that nobody ever asks him about such knowledge? The president cannot affect the world's financial crisis but he can stop the funding and acknowledge to the world that alien contact was made a long time ago. Make you congressman accountable for these answers and don't vote for anyone who makes out that they don't have any knowledge of these kind of things. That would be a lie if they're running for re-election. It's time we know the truth and it's time you set the real priorities for spending your money. We can no longer afford to turn away from knowing the truth.

Luke, you need help, lots of help. Is there a mental hospital near where you live?

alt.don

Reaction score
There is nothing special about the outfit as it were. Just seeing if the black AE's would go with it. I thought it would out of hand as I like the Macneil's in black. Ref the shirt, it is difficult, I find, to get a shirt in a solid color as most all of them come in checks. Very irritating so I am waiting for the next J.P Tilford shirt sale to come so I can get three custom ones one in a solid color.

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
datoscan