• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

whereeaglesdare

Reaction score
A lot of you are missing the point. orSlow is not moving production to China for a cash grab. They are doing it because made-in-Japan production is simply not possible anymore.
I completely understand if that turns someone off the brand.
But the reality is that the Japanese factories are slower than those overseas. So it's not only about dollars, it's about the tight timeframe that the brands have to get the orders made, pushing them to use overseas factories. If anything those items would cost more as labour costs saved by using a China factory would be negated by the shipping cost of material and finished product to and from Japan.
A certain Japanese brand under the Nepenthes umbrella has had to do the exact same thing. This is going to be the norm rather than the exception. orSlow are not the first and will not be the last Japanese brand to have to do this.

LeeR

Reaction score
A lot of you are missing the point. orSlow is not moving production to China for a cash grab. They are doing it because made-in-Japan production is simply not possible anymore.
But the reality is that the Japanese factories are slower than those overseas. So it's not only about dollars, it's about the tight timeframe that the brands have to get the orders made, pushing them to use overseas factories. If anything those items would cost more as labour costs saved by using a China factory would be negated by the shipping cost of material and finished product to and from Japan.
A certain Japanese brand under the Nepenthes umbrella has had to do the exact same thing. This is going to be the norm rather than the exception. orSlow are not the first and will not be the last Japanese brand to have to do this.
I hope this will not become the norm. For me, the meticulous attention to detail and the quality of the product is the made in japan signature. If that is compromised, what's the point.

Rookoobay

Reaction score
reminder, from two people on here (well, one now) who know their ****:

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get all that, especially for a growing company like Orslow. They have to deliver to a global network of retailers. Here in Paris they have 3 or 4 new retailers just since the pandemic, whereas before I had to order mostly from the Bureau.

It's just that for me I prefer that my money goes to countries with better human rights records than China. I know a stance like that that comes with a hefty dose of sanctimoniousness, but I do what I can. MiJ brands hit a certain sweet spot for me that doesn't have a lot to do with perceived quality.

Believe me, I have plenty of MiC t shirts and underwear from Uniqlo, and a huge percentage of my outdoor stuff from brands like Patagonia and millet is Chinese-made.

DaveBee

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Looking to pick up an M65. Does anyone have any experience they can offer me? Again, sizing is totally different depending on which store you look at.

Thanks.

x_quest

Reaction score

DaveBee

Reaction score
Received my M65 in size 3. Overall I think it’s the right size. The arms are extremely baggy but I assume that’s a feature of the original jacket.

Length wise it’s fine for me at 6ft2 tall and fit is on the roomier side for me at 12 stone. But, it’s not meant to be fitted so all good.

I was hoping this would still be a made in Japan product but alas, it is made in China.

I will definitely have to think long and hard about buying any more Orslow products. Maybe that’s a silly statement but I just cant see myself paying Orslow prices for clothes made in China.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Received my M65 in size 3. Overall I think it’s the right size. The arms are extremely baggy but I assume that’s a feature of the original jacket.

Length wise it’s fine for me at 6ft2 tall and fit is on the roomier side for me at 12 stone. But, it’s not meant to be fitted so all good.

I was hoping this would still be a made in Japan product but alas, it is made in China.

I will definitely have to think long and hard about buying any more Orslow products. Maybe that’s a silly statement but I just cant see myself paying Orslow prices for clothes made in China.
Is the olive cw? That’s strange, it souk be made in Japan, it’s part of their “core” collection.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does the 101 fit compare to 105?

Is it noticably looser all over?
I am interested in 101 as well and after comparing the measurements it seems that it is noticeably looser fit + higher waist. I did not try the yet but might do it soon.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 90s wash 105 and the black stone wash 101 in same size.

The 101 is not as tapered vs 105. Rise is definitely higher vs 105. Thigh is similar i think.

I think I actually like the 101 over the 105. Hoping they run a lot more of it in the future.

95tuanle

Reaction score
View attachment 2095521
The fit and finish look worse than my Slim Fits (made in Japan) and definitely worse than my Dickies 1922 especially the SPI. And the fabric from the Army Fits feels very different compared to the Slim Fits which is dry, papery and lighter with Army ones.
IMG_0915.jpeg

Happy new year everyone!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads