• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! If it is almost no difference in thigh measurements then slim version might work for me. Will still try to find all the measurements to compare before pulling the trigger to try them.
As someone who struggles mightily sizing for thighs, they work really well. I have the slim and regular in 3 that have been worn and washed multiple times. Happy to provide measurements in a couple of days if you have any interest

lineate

Reaction score
Agreed on the 710. I enjoy that it’s mid rise but much closer to high than low. Sits in a comfortable spot on the body for sure.
Yea! It’s really a magical sort of fit. I prefer the (marginally higher) rise on the 107, but the combination of rise, waist, seat, and thigh on the 710 just work so well together.

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! If it is almost no difference in thigh measurements then slim version might work for me. Will still try to find all the measurements to compare before pulling the trigger to try them.
Regular fit definitely has more thigh room. I've found that 2 sizes up in slim fit vs regular fit have approximately the same thigh measurements

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regular fit definitely has more thigh room. I've found that 2 sizes up in slim fit vs regular fit have approximately the same thigh measurements
0.25" difference per Standard and Strange

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0.25" difference per Standard and Strange
That checks out. I was comparing my slim fit size 3 and regular fit size 1.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just got a massive amount of OrSlow - 19 boxes to be exact!

Komuga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would anyone be interested in my size 3 slim fit fatigues in the classic olive color that orslow does? Not a fan of the slim fit anymore on my thighs. Also would be willing to trade them for wide fitting fatigues from similiar brands.
Also have a pair of the 90s dad jeans in light blue wash in size 2 that id also be willing to sell potentially.

lurker33

Reaction score
What's the inseam like on the one wash 107s ? Do i expect shrinkage? A size 4 sounds way big everywhere else but I'm 187cm (6'2) tall and fear that the inseam is too short on the size 3, especially if factoring in any shrinkage.

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
Question for 105 and 107 owners:

If you were between sizes (specifically between 2 and 3 if that matters), which one did you end up picking and what's the verdict after some wears?

Also, does anyone know the difference in length between size 2 and 3?

I have both in the 1 wash in a 2. I am typically a 32 in most brands and a 2 is a good fit for me generally in Orslow, so would not say I’m in between sizes. However, I did try on a pair of 105 in 2 year wash, size 2, and they were very tight. I would go up to a size 3 in those

As for the difference between 105 and 107, they are not massively different. The 105 comes up higher on the waist so it is more important that you have your waist size dialed especially if you have any kind of a gut. Otherwise, the top block of the 105 and 107 are very similar

The 105 have fuller thighs and less of a taper from the knee down. There is not an extreme difference between the two IMO, but if you are on the edge of the sizing you may find the 105 more accommodating

I think the 105 is the more classic cut and if I only could have 1, would pick those. The bottoms easily fit over boots and are all around more adaptable

The 107s do the jeans/sportcoat loafers look better for me. Also prefer with low top sneakers like Vans. They’re just a little bit sleaker without looking like skinny jeans, which I never liked

Hope this helps

Waldo Jeffers

Reaction score
What's the inseam like on the one wash 107s ? Do i expect shrinkage? A size 4 sounds way big everywhere else but I'm 187cm (6'2) tall and fear that the inseam is too short on the size 3, especially if factoring in any shrinkage.

Minimal shrinkage if washed cold and laid flat to dry. Would not personally buy a size expecting to shrink to fit

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you will be fine with length on size 3. Should be perfect unless you have super long legs.

lineate

Reaction score
you will be fine with length on size 3. Should be perfect unless you have super long legs.
I’m 6’2” and wear the 3. It’s a nice, clean no break for me, or I do a small turn up that hovers just above a shoe with a higher profile.

Gustaf

Reaction score
I have both in the 1 wash in a 2. I am typically a 32 in most brands and a 2 is a good fit for me generally in Orslow, so would not say I’m in between sizes. However, I did try on a pair of 105 in 2 year wash, size 2, and they were very tight. I would go up to a size 3 in those

As for the difference between 105 and 107, they are not massively different. The 105 comes up higher on the waist so it is more important that you have your waist size dialed especially if you have any kind of a gut. Otherwise, the top block of the 105 and 107 are very similar

The 105 have fuller thighs and less of a taper from the knee down. There is not an extreme difference between the two IMO, but if you are on the edge of the sizing you may find the 105 more accommodating

I think the 105 is the more classic cut and if I only could have 1, would pick those. The bottoms easily fit over boots and are all around more adaptable

The 107s do the jeans/sportcoat loafers look better for me. Also prefer with low top sneakers like Vans. They’re just a little bit sleaker without looking like skinny jeans, which I never liked

Hope this helps

Thanks for a very informative and helpful response!

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7230.JPG

I must say that OrSlow 105 white denim is quickly becoming my favorite! The fit of that white denim is just perfect for me. So happy that it worked out so well after so much frustration with 1 wash and 2 year wash fits.

mamborambo

Reaction score
i would like to get some opinions on the orslow regular fit fatigues, because i’ve tried two pairs and i’m not sure if i should give up or try a third

my first pair was the us army fatigue used wash (regular fit) in size 3. the width and length of the legs was good, but i returned them because the top block was too tight. the waist itself was manageable, but there was basically no extra material anywhere else in the top block and so they just weren’t comfortable.

second pair was us army fatigue (regular fit) in size 4. these are massive on me. even with the side tabs cinched, there’s an extra inch or two in the waist. they don’t fall off when i jump up and down, but they’re definitely looser than i’m comfortable with. the length is also too long, but i can get these hemmed (after a few washes as i heard length shrinks).

the possible pair #3 would be regular fit, normal wash, in size 3, but if they fit similarly to the used wash pair in size 3, then i think that they will be too small…

so then my questions:
  • does the used wash fatigue fit smaller than the normal fatigue? if so, then i’d be willing to try sizing down again in the normal wash
  • do the normal wash fatigues shrink in the waist, and by about how much? these are cotton, so i’d think that a warm wash with some tumble drying would shrink them, but i need them to stay shrunk in the future
thanks in advance

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads