• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

SocialSculptures

Reaction score
Can anyone offer any insights on the sizing of the 107 Corduroys vs. the Slim Fit Fatigues? Measurement across different retailers are pretty inconsistent for each style so it's tough to compare.

I have the Slim Fit Fatigues in size 1 and they fit very well (I wear a 31 Levis 501 for a comfortable fit for reference), but I'm debating whether or not to stick with a size 1 in the 107 Cords or move up to a 2.

DaveBee

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

First time poster here from sunny Scotland. Please bear with my novice questions.

I've fallen in love with OrSlow stuff but up until now, only purchased tops. This has been fairly easy to do in terms of sizing. Im the proud owner of an Army shirt, Loopwheel Sweater and Chambray WS.

Im 6ft2 and weigh 170lbs.

Ive been on the hunt for a slim pair of Jeans in a mid blue. Something that I hope can cover all bases!

I normally wear a 30w\31l but to be honest, the sizing of OrSlow Jeans hurts my head. Completely different descriptions of fit and measurements dependent on the retailer.

In any case, I have decided to just bite the bullet and order two sizes in the hope that one will be ok.

I have purchased the 107 2 year wash in the washed color from this store.... https://www.kafkamercantile.com/uk/item/29272/orSlow/107-Slim-Fit-2-Year-Wash-Jean---Washed.html

The sizing taken from the Kafka site are as follows-
SizeWaistInside LegRiseHem Width

In principle, these seem to be exactly what I am looking for. I just hope that they work out in person!

I will report back when they arrive.

Thanks

St. Anger Snare Tone

Reaction score
Keen to hear how you go, I’m normally at 33 waist and had to go a size 4 in the 105 jeans. Wondering if the fit/sizing is different for the slimmer cut

DaveBee

Reaction score
Update time.

As stated above, I ordered size 2 and 3 because I wanted to be sure at least one pair would fit me.

So, the jeans have arrived and the strange sizing of Orslow strikes again....both pairs are identical! They feel identical when worn and they are also the same when measured!

Thankfully they fit me pretty well with them only being slightly tight in the seat and waist but I expect they will stretch slightly when I wear them a few times?

Between these two pairs, there is supposed to be 2 inches difference in the waist and .5 of an inch difference in the inside leg. I can forgive the inside leg being the same across the pairs but not the supposed 2 inch difference in the waist!

Very weird!

Apologies for the absolutely terrible pictures, the mirror is covered in hand prints from my 1 and 4 year old. Hopefully you get the idea!

The first pics are size 2 and the later pics are size 3.

Attachments

• IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    289.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0297.jpeg
    IMG_0297.jpeg
    299 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0298.jpeg
    IMG_0298.jpeg
    300.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0299.jpeg
    IMG_0299.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0300.jpeg
    IMG_0300.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0301.jpeg
    IMG_0301.jpeg
    290 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    597.3 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0303.jpeg
    IMG_0303.jpeg
    647.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0304.jpeg
    IMG_0304.jpeg
    278.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_0305.jpeg
    IMG_0305.jpeg
    313.2 KB · Views: 1,266

gnu

Reaction score
The orSlow lottery is great. I buy a new pair of 105s every year and have to buy a size 2 and 3 every time to check the sizing.

hobojones

Reaction score
It’s actually pretty dumb though lol. I’ve really tried to get into orslow but the inconsistency is a big deal breaker for me. It’s kind of ridiculous to say that you’ve been buying a brand for years and you still can’t reliably size or that you bought 2 different sizes and they measure exactly the same.

There are plenty of amazing japanese makers and I honestly don’t find orslow’s quality to be superlative or anything special. Just my 2c. I’ve bought and handled at least a dozen orslow items and I returned every single one.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s actually pretty dumb though lol. I’ve really tried to get into orslow but the inconsistency is a big deal breaker for me. It’s kind of ridiculous to say that you’ve been buying a brand for years and you still can’t reliably size or that you bought 2 different sizes and they measure exactly the same.

There are plenty of amazing japanese makers and I honestly don’t find orslow’s quality to be superlative or anything special. Just my 2c. I’ve bought and handled at least a dozen orslow items and I returned every single one.
That can be frustrating. I've had the opposite experience from you, however. I just follow the retailers size charts and the sizing has worked out every time. I find you get a lot of bang for your buck with Orslow and their silhouette works for me

Junglejack

Reaction score
Totally get that OrSlow’s sizing is all over the map, but their reverse sateen is da truth. As are their loopwheel hoodies. As I prefer the slim fit Army Trousers, had a pair of the regular fit ones made into shorts with a 7 inch inseam that well might be my favorite shorts of all time.

Moreover, have not noticed a huge variance from the measurements posted from Kafka, et al. It is huge to refer to them however as some of OrSlow’s shirts I have in a 2 (Jungle Shirt) while others like the US Navy Chambray I rock in a 4.

In denim, I have the 105’s in both the one wash and 2 year and did not notice a huge variance in sizing, but others find the washed ones fit smaller.

DaveBee

Reaction score

I tend to agree with your opinion.

I’m a newcomer to Orslow stuff and the sizing is beyond a joke. 38 pages on a forum and the main topic is sizing issues. That doesn’t seem right to me.

Yes, when a brand has a cetrain reputation, they can get away with little nuances here and there but surely consistency is something that the brand strives for, wether it be consistency in quality or sizing or whatever else ….

The retailers must hate it too because anything else Orslow that I buy from now on, I will purchase a few dinferential sizes and have to return items.

This must be a massive pain for the retailers never mind that it’s bad for the environment!

Is it the type of situation that I can compare to buying new Rolex watches? The Authorised dealers are so scared to say anything negative about the brand in fear of losing their franchise.

They know that the process of buying a new Rolex is absolutely excruciatingly painful but, the brand is too valuable for them to risk losing.

DaveBee

Reaction score
Totally get that OrSlow’s sizing is all over the map, but their reverse sateen is da truth. As are their loopwheel hoodies. As I prefer the slim fit Army Trousers, had a pair of the regular fit ones made into shorts with a 7 inch inseam that well might be my favorite shorts of all time.

Moreover, have not noticed a huge variance from the measurements posted from Kafka, et al. It is huge to refer to them however as some of OrSlow’s shirts I have in a 2 (Jungle Shirt) while others like the US Navy Chambray I rock in a 4.

In denim, I have the 105’s in both the one wash and 2 year and did not notice a huge variance in sizing, but others find the washed ones fit smaller.
Their clothes do look a million dollars in my opinion but its a needless headache to have to deal with the size issues.
Ive been looking to buy a pair of 107s for weeks but kept putting it off as it was so confusing

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ll admit the measurements can vary by retailer but I’ve been more or less the same size in both top and bottom for everything I have from them.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
three things:

1. email your retailer (https://shopcanoeclub.com/collections/orslow - [email protected]) or message me here, and I can grab you specific measurements for a specific pair, and if those measurements line up with what you want, i'll mail that exact pair to you.

2. maybe some of you guys are just unlucky, but i've literally never experienced an issue where all of a sudden a pair of pants from them in a size i take just... doesn't fit. i can promise you there are few people on the planet that have put more orslow pants on their body (styled looks, personal pairs in the realm of 6-7 that have gotten lots of wear, trying on new styles when they come in, walkthrough videos showing size, etc.)

3. the only time a change in size is warranted (unless you're intentionally aiming for a different silhouette is when a fabric is a 2-year or more wash. maybe even more specifically just denim.
anyway, this comes up so much and it just blows my mind.

i think also (we're on a fashion forum so to say we're all obsessive isn't an overestimation) guys want a fit that truthfully no pants will give you. if it fits you perfectly out of the box, it's gonna fit different later on down the road. if they're slightly snug, they'll stretch. if they're too big, there is a possibility of shrink with a wash.

don't know what i'm even saying here, but really... just pants. wear em

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads