• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinions on Finamore dress shirts

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
Yeah ian has them I forgot. He does charge los angeles tax so they come out to 141 around there and will charge shipping if you don't pick up so the price is around same. Lance I've been dealing with for awhile and I have a bit of loyalty to him.

Also, unless the policy has changed, Ian only gives store credit,
not a full refund

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used to only where Borrelli Shirts, but I recently had some shirts made for me from Finamore Napoli. The fit is great and the shirts are beautiful. I would highly recommend them. I have not bought any of OTR shirts from them yet, but I would imagine that they are still very well made.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
I recently had some shirts made for me from Finamore Napoli.
Have been considering Finamore MTM now that Borrelli MTM is no longer an option. Were these ordered through De Corato? Would appreciate any feedback on fabrics, collar options, etc. I have 2 Finamore RTW as my reference points.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Have been considering Finamore MTM now that Borrelli MTM is no longer an option. Were these ordered through De Corato? Would appreciate any feedback on fabrics, collar options, etc. I have 2 Finamore RTW as my reference points.

Sorry for the incredibly late response. Yes, these were ordered through decorato. I made up my orders with two of the Finamore Brothers when they were in NYC for a trunk show. The fabric selection has been great and quality also seems to be very nice thus far. However I am having some issues with the collars on the shirts and how they lay. I plan on meeting with the Finamore brothers to address the collar issues next week when they come to NYC.
What have other peoples experiences been with MTM finamore?

-LR

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
no other finamore MTM customers on the forum? I am curious to hear about the experiences of the others.

-LR

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really no one else?

-LR

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andrea has been great to work with, responsive and flexible yet with a true sense of what he wants to deliver to customers. I imagine if you show him your collars during the trunk show he will have the shirts redone. I've been pleased with my first order of 6 shirts, plan on another order with minor tweaking when in Napoli in a few weeks. Can post pics when I get home tonight.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. As it turns out I was unable to make to NYC for the finamore trunk show at Decorato. I had been hoping to show the finamore brothers the issues with my collars. I can remember the brothers names, is Andrea one of them, and have you just dealt exclusively with finamore, or did you order your shirts through a trunk show at a store like Decorato? I look forward to seeing the pics of shirts.

-LR

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts. Collar, shoulder and torso were consistently spot on, although sleeve length varied a bit and Andrea will tweak. Tons of handwork everywhere. Another plus: MTM allows you to get nice, thick buttons as opposed to what you find on their RTW. I've left Borrelli MTM for good...

underside of the shoulder

Mannix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
drool.gif
^ Thanks for sharing pics!

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finamore are the best shirts. I love them. By the way the blue solid shirt is Eduardo collar?

I can´t say the same about his owner that refused to do shirts for me.

I even sent him a remember email last week, six months later his " come to naples " answer and no answer this time ( and won´t be )

Awful service. And I even offered him a show on one of the best shops in my country owned by a friend of mine who has shows by tailors of famous brands ( and high prices as 3800 for a mtm Armani black label )

As a businessman, I can´t believe this things happens on any bussiness.

I went Barba.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by medtech_expat
Here are pics of my first batch of 6 shirts.

They look great! Nice colours and collars.

I wonder if the angled corner of the collar band is a sign of them being MTM. The RTW Finamores I have and the other RTW ones pictured in this thread all have a rounded corner on the collar band.

Did you specify the amount of tie space?

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kaplan
They look great! Nice colours and collars.

Did you specify the amount of tie space?

Thank you. I didn't specify the amount of tie space; I went with one of their higher collar options (can't recall the model name).

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, ok. It seems quite possible that the shape of the corner on the collar band is due to it being higher than what they normally use on the RTW.

I received a white linen Finamore today, but I think it's going back as it's more cream than white and the collar feels a little too low
frown.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads