• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion About Leather Jacket

Eijin88

Reaction score
Hi guys please give me an opinion about this specific jacket,what do you think about the look and perhaps about the brand, I'm just about to buy it and I would like to know if I'm not acting impulsive,seems nice to me but would like to hear other people opinions. Thanks.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bit costume like to me. If you really like it get it, but I wouldn't wear it. Then again, I'm not young and hip.

Eijin88

Reaction score
A bit costume like to me. If you really like it get it, but I wouldn't wear it. Then again, I'm not young and hip.

I think you are right,I was aiming a little bit low. Now I'm considering those two, I do not ride a bike you think it's still ok to get one of them just for casual wearing? Which one is better for casual purpose?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm not into the jackets you linked, but the first one is similar to Margiela's five-zip, which is one of the more popular leather jackets on the SWD side of the forum. I have one in black, along with several other colors, and it's one of my favorite jackets.

Margiela has been making the jacket since the early 2000s. Comes out every season. You can probably find them second-hand on Grailed, if you want to save some money.

There's also a leather jacket thread on the SWD size of the forum, where you may find more help

1.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 9.19.07 AM.png

Eijin88

Reaction score
I'm not into the jackets you linked, but the first one is similar to Margiela's five-zip, which is one of the more popular leather jackets on the SWD side of the forum. I have one in black, along with several other colors, and it's one of my favorite jackets.

Margiela has been making the jacket since the early 2000s. Comes out every season. You can probably find them second-hand on Grailed, if you want to save some money.

There's also a leather jacket thread on the SWD size of the forum, where you may find more help

View attachment 1450025
View attachment 1450028
Looks good and clean,but maybe a little bit too plain to me. Besides I have couple black jackets I'm considering between those two above and maybe something from Matchless,only in brown. The first one I have posted.....let's not talk about it :)

I'm new to this forum only probably to get one advice before I spend 1000ish pounds on a jacket,but where do I navigate to SWD can't see it,thanks.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm new to this forum only probably to get one advice before I spend 1000ish pounds on a jacket,but where do I navigate to SWD can't see it,thanks.

SWD stands for Streetwear and Denim. Currently, you're on the Classic Menswear side of the forum. Broadly speaking, Classic Menswear is centered around tailored clothing (e.g., suits and sport coats) and some casualwear (sort of like the casual clothes you'd find at Brooks Brothers).

Streetwear and Denim is much more focused on casualwear: designer, denim, sneakers, workwear, etc.

You can find Streetwear and Denim here:

The leather jacket thread can be found here:

Jump to the last post to see the current conversation.

The conversation, at the moment, is centered around heavy horsehide and workstyle styled jackets, but people there talk about all kinds of leathers: contemporary, designer, repro, etc.

Eijin88

Reaction score

This one looks quite fine by my reckoning. The other one from Belstaff was good, too, but the Wolverine one looks terrible: like his X-men 1 costume.

Yeah, I'm glad I have saved myself money for returning that first jacket,I'm leaning towards that one you mentioned too, I think that the colour is far better than that second one. The other one is very nice too though.

Could someone recommend a brand that produces nice lambskin jacket in 1000 pounds range,I might later look for a jacket for spring/summer season. Belstaff and Matchless make mainly warm jackets.

Eijin88

Reaction score
Looked at Seraphine used or on sale?

I'm not a big fan of buying used things,learned about stories where sometimes defects were not shown on the pics,besides if the fit is not right or something else,turns out to be too long/short/sleeves it's better to deal with the shop,and depending on people it might be difficult to sort issues out.

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ dude, if you’re going to spam at least be fluent in English.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads