Only 10 Days Until Judgement Day

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by willpower, May 11, 2011.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

What you going to wear? I'm going to start breaking in some raw denim that day. http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136053...ow-soon-enough A similar event... Oct 22, 1844 The sun rose on the morning of October 22 as on any other day, and October 22 passed without incident, resulting in feelings of disappointment among many Millerites. Henry Emmons, a Millerite, later wrote, I waited all Tuesday [October 22] and dear Jesus did not come;– I waited all the forenoon of Wednesday, and was well in body as I ever was, but after 12 o’clock I began to feel faint, and before dark I needed someone to help me up to my chamber, as my natural strength was leaving me very fast, and I lay prostrate for 2 days without any pain– sick with disappointment.[5] William Miller continued to wait for the second coming of Jesus Christ until his death in 1849. The Great Disappointment is viewed by some scholars as an example of the psychological phenomenon of cognitive dissonance.[14] The theory was proposed by Leon Festinger to describe the formation of new beliefs and increased proselytizing in order to reduce the tension, or dissonance, that results from failed prophecies.[15] According to the theory, believers experienced tension following the failure of Jesus' reappearance in 1844 which led to a variety of new explanations. The various solutions form a part of the teachings of the different groups that outlived the disappointment.

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

"Dia de Juicio"?

I love juice. I wonder if God will be giving out pomegranate juice samples. Ever try buying that at full price? Stuff is darn expensive! [​IMG]

3. jslade

jslade Senior member

4. kjamesuvic

kjamesuvic Well-Known Member

5. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Senior member

So why does he have to come on a Saturday? Messes up the entire week end.

For months I kept running into these people passing out leaflets, and converting all they could to join the cause. Haven't seen any for a few weeks.

6. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

For months I kept running into these people passing out leaflets, and converting all they could to join the cause. Haven't seen any for a few weeks.

Fuck the weekend, I was hoping to see The Hangover Part II, and my 3 year anniversary with my girl is coming up, but most importantly......The Hangover Part II

7. burningbright

burningbright Senior member

http://media.npr.org/assets/img/2011...1304717846&s=2

The Bible guarantees it!

I guess Matthew 24:36 got omitted from the Bibles these people are reading (or apparently not reading).

Nowhere in Scripture are specific dates offered up for Christ's return; in fact it says he will come as a thief in the night, which sounds pretty unexpectedly if you ask me.

Yahoos, all of them. [​IMG]

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

my 3 year anniversary with my girl is coming up

Get ready for her to start putting the pressure on for a "commitment". Then again, if the nutbags are right this could be a moot point.

9. Blurv

Blurv Well-Known Member

Agreed. Rapture is clearly a Monday sort of event.

10. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Senior member

What does one wear to the Rapture? Don't want to be overdressed, but want to look good for the big event.

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

Why do they say end of the world when what they really mean end of humanity or the end of our way of life?! I'm assuming the world will be just fine after we're gone or eating each others brains.

...unless the death star has already entered planetary orbit...!?

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

What does one wear to the Rapture? Don't want to be overdressed, but want to look good for the big event.
    I have a 3 piece suit i have been dying to wear. Do you guys think I should drop the vest? I dont want to look like im trying too hard. I mean I know its god and all but I would hate to receive attention if its for the wrong reasons.

13. OldGeezer

OldGeezer Senior member

[QUOTE=Do you guys think I should drop the vest?

You may want to drop the vest for added comfort. We know the day, but not the time he's coming. They haven't even told us which time zone, so it could be a long day. We'll have to be dressed and ready for each zone. If not, he (He) could come while you're in the shower, with soap in your eyes and unshaven. Better to be a bit over dressed, but you may be the suit for a long time.

14. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Guys, I hate to break it to you, but the boat sailed a long time ago.

[​IMG]

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

you would have thought that some reasonable denial around the time of Jesus's death would be normal, but after a few years... now it's roughly 2000 years later? I mean shit, isn't it time to concede the guy died and he's not coming back?