• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

BigRedBike

Reaction score
So I settled in with a beer (or 6) and read through this whole thread from start to finish. First off let me just say how incredibly impressed I am that this exchange wasn't derailed from the beginning. I mean ca'mon, that pic of the asian girl in the see through top was setting this up for disaster, and not to mention the jabs and style judgements along the way could have easily sent this thread into a downward spiral of flames (on any other message board on any other topic), but instead this topic has been carefully cultivated which is awesome. Another point, I think the fact that every other pic posted wasn't of some trashy girl with her **** hanging out is great (I realize what's posted above me). We have quite a few guys here, all with testosterone and hormones, and...um...desires. Sophistication (as much as you can have on a message board anyway) won out, and for that I can truly say SF is legit...way to go (not that anyone needs me to say that...im a noob). My favorite posts.... I laughed...but I'll be honest, you said what we were all afraid to say.
Originally Posted by db_ggmm
Does anyone know examples like thread, but in reverse? "How would you (girls) like a guy to dress" from a women's fashion forum? I am very, very curious. I've heard this statement before and there are a couple of things I think about it. I apologize for length, but these are my favorite subjects. Firstly, I read disbelief in your statement, as if guys don't know what turns them on, and the reason you would be incredulous is that both men and women (hetero in this example) are often trained to dress for their OWN sex, not the opposite sex. A men's fashion forum populated by men. A women's fashion forum populated by women. Secondly, even when women dress for men (and vice versa), we often get it wrong. One easy example of this confusion lies in the photos that men and women post for the opposite sex in online dating profiles. Women have a tendency to post several of their "going out" bar dresses with make up and hair done to the hilt (maybe nails, too) and I can assure you that nothing appears more ******* undate-able than a women done to the teeth. Guys, same problem - gelmets and shirtless photos, both completely undate-able situations. Thirdly, while it would differ for every guy, to answer the question what exactly is so attractive about a sundress... I think it's the legs. The dress tends to be light and airy, allowing a lot of movement and sneak peaks of the legs from different angles. This destroys swimsuits and shorts. They cannot provide the same level of shifting tease at all. A sundress is also very naturally slimming, no? Emphasis on hips, shoulders, and lower legs, hidden belly. Footwear is also emphasized at the end of your stems and depending on your watcher's fetish the results can be unbearable. I'll cut it short on the graphicness, but a sun dress also implies a level of sexual availability coupled with innocent casualness unmatched by any other outfit.
This girl stole my heart. Looking at her photos makes me wish we could smoke cigarettes and drink coffee together, be dilettantes, frolic in the park, enjoy a spring thunder shower, some carpe diem ****. http://www.misspandora.fr
Originally Posted by Flame
I got the hots for Louise Ebel:
paris-fwaw2009-louise-ebel.jpg
2908344950_e372a6c55b_b.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
Ugh, that girl pisses me off. I'm sick of seeing her face everywhere.
She's not hot (imo)

lyonnaisdecoeur

Reaction score
yea that girl is not really that hot....one of those models who for some reason is modeling even though she's not that good looking....kind of like the guy modeling for gilt today in the proportionofblu sale, who probably single handedly convinced me that those jeans aren't good looking....
as for what i'd prefer.....something classy and stylÃ
00a9.png
....unlike most american girls...but it doesn't bother me as long as they don't dress too 'liberally' like most college students

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I apologize if I contributed to the delinquency of this thread. Honestly, there haven't been many pictures here that have impressed me all too much, but what do I know. I do quite like this one though, and I'll say it probably does the best job of any pic in this thread of being stylish, natural, and feminine (as opposed to being fashiony or overwrought.)

1048CHLBlkBluWeb.jpg

Easy breezy beautiful!

TransparentCranium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vashin
Yea those alexander wang basics look great on a girl...
they do in fact look great (I'm assuming the quoted post was sarcastic)
I like a girl in slouchy tshirts and baggy (but tapered) jeans, and a leather jacket.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Well I apologize if I contributed to the delinquency of this thread. Honestly, there haven't been many pictures here that have impressed me all too much, but what do I know. I do quite like this one though, and I'll say it probably does the best job of any pic in this thread of being stylish, natural, and feminine (as opposed to being fashiony or overwrought.)

1048CHLBlkBluWeb.jpg

Easy breezy beautiful!

The photo originally came from The Sartorialist. I was browsing through the site one day and came across it and memorized it. When I came across this thread I went back to look for the photo. I like her for all of the reasons you mention. She's very pretty and could probably wear anything and make it look good but the boots and stockings and coat give her a slight edge. If I were to see her on the street she would stop me dead in my tracks. And she looks less contrived than what I often see from the Sartorialist. A lot of girls look too cutesy, like they're playing dress up. Like they're in costume.

I also like this woman. Sexy and sophisticated. Very mature.

9258ViaBaguttaBikeWeb.jpg

BigRedBike

Reaction score
I understand not wanting girls to look "too cutesy" because it makes them look like they are playing dress up. However in a world where most people dress in old t-shirts and jeans (even in the major cities), I think I can give them a pass. I had a friend in college who almost had a fairy/hipster/princess look thing going on (and she still does), and I think the way she dresses is more about "hey look at me, im a little cute girl" and less about fashion. I think the pics posted here for the most part are more about fashion which I can appreciate.

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^I was gonna say something along the lines of "Shes young and will grow out of it." But she's twenty ******* three, WTF!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads