• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dated a girl once who wanted me to tell her exactly what to wear every time we saw each other. It started out fun but ultimately was just kind of exhausting.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm @LA Guy can we get a title change plz?

Were these ever published in book or magazine form?

No idea I'm afraid, maybe in one of the Snowdon books...
The portfolios come up for sale from time to time...

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm @LA Guy can we get a title change plz?

No idea I'm afraid, maybe in one of the Snowdon books...
The portfolios come up for sale from time to time...

Sure, I'll change it to "Omnibus Women's designer fashion thread." If you guys have something better, tell me.

heebalabala

Reaction score
Isn't this thread more about style than designer fashion? Would much prefer a title like "What Women's Style Do You Like?" or something similar.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't this thread more about style than designer fashion? Would much prefer a title like "What Women's Style Do You Like?" or something similar.
We've talked about Hermes, Issy Miyake, and Yohji Yamamoto in just the past two pages.

Also, google trends show "designer fashion being 2x to 4x more interest than "women's style", and when you break down the interest by subregion, this is what we get for the USA:

"Women's style":
1) Montana100
2) Rhode Island93
3) West Virginia85
4) Idaho 82
5) Missouri 81

For "Designer Fashion" we get"
1) District of Columbia 100
2) New York 95
3) Hawaii 91
4) New Jersey 84
5) Rhode Island 84

NY and DC comprise our number 1 and number 4/5 major markets. Montana doesn't rank, and frankly, most of our content is not going to be that relevant to most women in Montana anyway.

So I think that "designer fashion" stays unless there is a truly compelling reason otherwise and evidence to back up the claim.

/nerd.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like "Women's Fashion" probably would have sufficed.
Long tail searches - those with three or more words in the search term, are very valuable. So "women's fashion designer" would be lost with just 2 words. Morever, without designer, you lose all title searches fo "women's designer" or "fashion designer". Frankly, It would be smart to include some representative designers in the title, or for you guys to tag the thread, something search picks up on, and which will make this a suggested similar thread when we finally upgrade to the next iteration of this system.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elsa Schiaparelli with the good stuff

Trompe l'oeil knitted wool sweaters (1927-28), starting collections

After admiring a curiously stitched sweater worn by an acquaintance, Schiaparelli sought out the Armenian woman who knitted it, commissioning her to make one featuring a trompe l’oeil (a 3-D illusion) design of a white bow around the neck with coordinated details at the cuffs.

ojoiojo.jpg

oijojo.jpg

45ca7acb200cf09214712aee5546db29.jpg

oioioojooio.jpg

Fit pic

pijpjpj.jpg

And a bathing suit top

ijojojooioo.jpg

1935 decorative plastic zipper dress

pijpjpjjpop.jpg

popokpo.jpg

1936 suede gloves with snakeskin nails

Black suede, red snakeskin 1936.jpg

1936 calf suede evening gloves with golden claws

77756-1.jpg

1938 Skeleton gown in black silk crepe, a collaboration with Dali.
Two layers of crepe, cotton 'bones' wadding, plastic zippers on the side and shoulders.

pokpk.jpg

pojpjjpojpoj.jpg

pjpopo.JPG

skeleton dress zip.jpg

Unboxing vid

Also from 1938, suede boots with monkey fur

Suede, monkey fur 1938.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads