• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OMG THEY'RE SO CHEAP~ Brand new Handrolled silk Pocket Squares $12 shipped and LESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So you want some cool looking silk to stuff in your pocket but paying $20 and up has you down? No worries. These are 100% silk, handrolled, in China, new in package. Pricing is:

$12 shipped for one (in the US and Canada, I can ship international but it'll cost a tiny bit more)
$22 shipped for two
$33 shipped for three
$45 shipped for four

I have duplicates of some, but not all, so if you're interested, don't mess around :slayer: Sorry for the sucky photos!

1. dark red w/ black dots and black border - ONE in stock
s1.jpg

2. lilac gingham - FOUR in stock
s2.jpg

3. pinkish red dot & border on pale blue - EIGHT in stock
s3.jpg

4. black white & blue glen plaid with blue border - THREE in stock
s4.jpg

5. black white gingham w/ black border - FOUR in stock
s5.jpg

6.orangish red white black glen plaid - TWO in stock
s6.jpg

7.lilac / dark purple reverse side w/ white edge - ONE in stock
s7.jpg

8.black white bandanna print w/ bird motif - ONE in stock
s8.jpg

9. purple w/ blue dots - ONE in stock
s9.jpg

10. multiple color stripe (blues & greens main color) - FIVE in stock
s10.jpg

11. pink main color - THREE in stock
s11.jpg

12. new square 1 - ONE in stock
Xf0zi.jpg

13. new square 2 - ONE in stock
zGzkO.jpg

14. new square 3 SOLD OUT
zvL3l.jpg

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 101
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

dgonsh

Reaction score
You do realize your bulk pricing makes no sense. 12 for 1, okay. 22 for 2, okay ( 11 each). 33 for 3, okay (still 11 each), 45 for 4 (11.25 each). why would you be penalized for buying a 4th?

meh. just didnt follow your pricing.

you want to incentivize someone to buy more. would make more sense to be at the very least $12 for 1, $22 for 2 ($11 each), $30 for 3 ($10 each), $36 for 4 ($9 each).

or maybe im way off base.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You do realize your bulk pricing makes no sense. 12 for 1, okay. 22 for 2, okay ( 11 each). 33 for 3, okay (still 11 each), 45 for 4 (11.25 each). why would you be penalized for buying a 4th? 

meh. just didnt follow your pricing. 

you want to incentivize someone to buy more. would make more sense to be at the very least $12 for 1, $22 for 2 ($11 each), $30 for 3 ($10 each), $36 for 4 ($9 each). 

or maybe im way off base. 

Just send the invoice for the pricing analysis to my normal address, thanks!

dgonsh

Reaction score
because it makes no sense. it's math. he can charge whatever he wants. just know that there's zero incentive to purchase a 4th square. which as I said, makes no sense. it just stuck out at me when i opened the thread. not trying to be rude. it is possible to admit an oversight and adjust the pricing.

but do what you do. it's your business.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
because it makes no sense. it's math. he can charge whatever he wants. just know that there's zero incentive to purchase a 4th square. which as I said, makes no sense. it just stuck out at me when i opened the thread. not trying to be rude. it is possible to admit an oversight and adjust the pricing.

Might be differnt with pocket squares, but if you dont buy/sell A LOT, you dont understand some of the basics of shipping which might increase the prices for 4.

Example: 1 shirt is about 12 ounces = 1st class mail = $3.25 or under
2 shirts are 24 ounces = NO 1st class Mail, Priority Mail = $5 - $8 depending on location

You see, it would actually cost me LESS to ship 2 shirts individually if they go across the country $6.50 for 1st class mail vs. $8 for priority mail. Maybe shipping 4 pocket squares (I doubt it) actually increases the weight to the point you can't ship the same way
fing02[1].gif

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

because it makes no sense. it's math.  he can charge whatever he wants. just know that there's zero incentive to purchase a 4th square. which as I said, makes no sense. it just stuck out at me when i opened the thread. not trying to be rude. it is possible to admit an oversight and adjust the pricing. 

You admit that he's getting more money per square when people buy more, which OBVIOUSLY makes sense for him, so I don't understand your claim that it doesn't make sense at all.

It's not a good deal for undiscerning shopper however. This tactic is used quite frequently. Do you go around supermarkets telling them they're pricing doesn't make sense and they should stop it immediately?

dgonsh

Reaction score
because it makes no sense. it's math.  he can charge whatever he wants. just know that there's zero incentive to purchase a 4th square. which as I said, makes no sense. it just stuck out at me when i opened the thread. not trying to be rude. it is possible to admit an oversight and adjust the pricing. 

You admit that he's getting more money per square when people buy more, which OBVIOUSLY makes sense for him, so I don't understand your claim that it doesn't make sense at all.

It's not a good deal for undiscerning shopper however. This tactic is used quite frequently. Do you go around supermarkets telling them they're pricing doesn't make sense and they should stop it immediately?

You are making zero sense. Of course he wants to make more money. So dont put up a price list of ways to save money that dont make any sense! Have you even looked the price of buying a 4th square? it costs more than buying the 2nd and 3rd square.

By his logic, wouldnt it at the bear minimum make more sense to say 1 for 12, 2 for 22, 3 for 33, 4 for 44? why the price BUMP on the 4th square?

And you keep bringing up supermarkets. WTF are you talking about?

This reminds me of the guy outside Union Square in NYC I encountered the night before the Obama election. He was selling HOPE pins. His sign read, " 1 Pin for $3; 2 pins for $5, 3 pins for $10."

I said "sir, why can't I get 4 for $10? You're listing 2 for $5" his response "i dont make the rates. i just sell 'em"

needless to say, I kept it movin.

mainy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Main post is accurate w/ inventory levels - just got a bunch of these in again. Did I mention I'm selling these here for $3 less a piece than on Ebay? Here is what some people on ebay have said about these:

beautiful pocket square, exceeded my expectations, super fast shipping 5 star!!!

Great pocket squares for sale, One of the best A+++++ Super fast shipping!

Very nice item

Great Pocket Square..

fast shipping, great product, thanks!!!

Awesome pocket square, super fast shipping, thanks!

SOOOOO yeah. Price = low, quality = high. I am going out of town Friday so if you want in on these PM me asap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads